So it's results day - what kind of pictures will the media use of successful students?

(32 Posts)
kim147 Thu 15-Aug-13 10:15:00

Just wondering. Or am I being too cynical?

Bunnylion Thu 15-Aug-13 19:20:23

Herbigchance

triplets celebrate A level sucess smile

But it is nice to see so many successful young women.

HerBigChance Thu 15-Aug-13 19:33:01

Bunnylion I knew there would be triplets! But no midriffs. I hope the papers are indeed getting better.

kim147 Thu 15-Aug-13 19:41:24

Somehow I bet there'll only appear to be beautiful young women who are enjoying the sunshine the next time we have a heat wave.

It's rare to see topless men enjoying the sun.

It is of course nice to see successful young women. But it has become a bit of a cliche of the images used. Maybe they are getting better (but I haven't seen the DM as it's banned on my computer)

specialsubject Thu 15-Aug-13 20:50:25

most teenage girls are attractive. They also all dress pretty much the same and do their hair the same. So all the pictures will look the same.

they don't have to wear all-covering robes and don't get shot for going to school. Good luck and well done to them all.

(and the boys too!)

Rollermum Sun 18-Aug-13 17:07:32

Glad to see that papers are less stereotypical this year. A few years ago it was definitely leaning towards very gorgeous (often blonde) girls hugging each other.

Festival coverage is similar

Rollermum Sun 18-Aug-13 17:08:53

Dang, posted by accident!

For festivals loads of teenage girls in shorts and wellies and a token man covered in mud.

KaseyM Mon 19-Aug-13 09:21:50

Why are they banging on about boys beating girls? When the difference is half a percent?!! They love their battle if te sexes theme don't they?

And as boys have now beaten girls I assume there'll be no talk of dumbing down exams?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now