A Judge Labels a 13 year old girl as a "sexual predator" after SHE was sexually assaulted

(265 Posts)
LeStewpot Tue 06-Aug-13 12:18:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Foxred10 Tue 06-Aug-13 12:20:32

Absolutely disgusting. To describe a CHILD as a sexual predator takes victim blaming to a whole new level. angry

GetStuffezd Tue 06-Aug-13 12:22:01

Disgraceful. Really, really terrible.
Signing now.

meditrina Tue 06-Aug-13 12:25:35

Is there a full Court report anywhere online, OP (or anyone else)?

I haven't found one (yet) and this is so extraordinary, I'd like to know more about the whole case.

dragongirlx Tue 06-Aug-13 12:25:44

This is truly horrifying. I have signed

LaRosaBella Tue 06-Aug-13 12:27:47

How could he go free if pleaded guilty!? I'm disgusted.

RippingYarns Tue 06-Aug-13 12:27:47

signed and shared on my fb

SuperiorCat Tue 06-Aug-13 12:30:09

Bit more info here

Sickening victim blaming.

HerrenaHarridan Tue 06-Aug-13 12:32:05

Beyond ridiculous!

Beggars belief shock

Feelingworried67 Tue 06-Aug-13 12:32:53

I am so shocked! Someone post a link to the actual news on this case please? shockconfused

meditrina Tue 06-Aug-13 12:34:10

The sex offender hasn't "gone free" - he's been found guilty and has a suspended sentence.

The girl involved was not the one who made a complaint to the police. A it was the prosecutor, not the defence, making these statements, then I suspect there is a huge back story to this that has not been made public.

Bimblepops Tue 06-Aug-13 12:36:57

Absolutely disgusting. Petition signed and shared on FB.

ToffeeWhirl Tue 06-Aug-13 12:37:32

Have signed the petition.

Bimblepops Tue 06-Aug-13 12:39:40

Meditrina The back story is immaterial - the girl was 13, legally a child, the offender knew she was underage, it is abuse. For the judge to then label the child a sexual predator is absolutely obscene.

dumptytumpty Tue 06-Aug-13 12:41:03

I'm inclined to agree with meditrina here. There seems to be 'more than meets the eye' in this particular case and doubt that we, the public, will never know the whole truth.

meditrina Tue 06-Aug-13 12:42:49

I can think of a number of circumstances in which the child's past would be highly relevant, as I doubt this is an isolated incident in her life. And I hope that proper interventions are taking place.

scallopsrgreat Tue 06-Aug-13 12:45:01

Her past is irrelevant to the fact that the judge calling her a "sexual predator", unless of course you believe that 13 yr olds can be sexual predators. And that is a very worrying view.

I signed the petition.

I don't care what the back story is. He knew she was underage and did it anyway. That is sexual abuse.

She could have turned up at his house every night begging him for sex for all we know and it still doesn't matter because she is 13 and he knew she was 13. Are we meant to believe a 13 year old girl forced herself on him? Is that the defence? "She made me do it!" hmm

Describing her as a sexual predator is unbelievable. If she's a sexual predator, what does that make him?

LeStewpot Tue 06-Aug-13 12:47:56

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Franke Tue 06-Aug-13 12:49:58

In what parallel universe is it considered okay for a man in his 40s to engage in sexual activity with a girl whom he knew to be 'not nearly 16'? Focussing on the girl's alleged behaviour once again deflects and plays down the culpability of the adult in this case.

CaptChaos Tue 06-Aug-13 13:16:42

Whatever there might be 'more than meets the eye here. A 41 year old adult, lured a 13 year old child into his home, where he abused her. He pleaded guilty to the charge. He also pleaded guilty to 2 counts of having vile/obscene images/films of child abuse and bestiality.

He knew she was under 16.
He is free to abuse other children.
The fact that she had been previously sexually active is immaterial, everyone else who has abused this child should also be prosecuted.

The fact that anyone can come up with 'there must be more to it' rationalisations is, I find, a bit sickening. Do the people who have said this also think that women who wear short skirts shouldn't report being raped, because well, they were asking for it really?

Ffs!

QueenoftheHolly Tue 06-Aug-13 13:17:45

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

edam Tue 06-Aug-13 13:26:47

'More than meets the eye'? The guy also pleaded guilty to making images of child abuse - 'extreme' images apparently. Still think the offender - who admitted his guilt - was an innocent victim lured into evil by a 13yo?

I've signed the petition. The guy is a paedophile. The judge's comments are unbelievable.

edam Tue 06-Aug-13 13:28:50

LeStew, you may also want to write to the Attorney General to protest against the sentence and ask for it to be reviewed.

babylann Tue 06-Aug-13 13:31:50

I've signed too. I'm horrified to think anyone could describe a 13 year old as a "sexual predator".

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now