Sigh. I've been deleted and blocked by yet another feminist page on Facebook....

(288 Posts)

...for daring to disagree with them on something they've posted.

Are they really so bloody-minded that they can't handle debate on their philosophies? I realise they get a lot of nasty trolling spam, but there's a world of difference between MRA nastiness and another feminist wanting to debate feminism!!

Is it just me?

MalenkyRusskyDrakonchik Thu 20-Jun-13 16:04:01

No, they're not misleading in the same way, garlic. hmm

Come on. Honestly, are you not reading, or disagreeing but feeling it doesn't matter to take issue, just to refute?

You're not normally like this.

scallopsrgreat Thu 20-Jun-13 16:05:19

Massive crosspost with everybody.

I'm out of here. I am sick of arguing that black isn't white with a bunch of men who think they know what's best for me. If I want that I can go and speak to my boss.

MalenkyRusskyDrakonchik Thu 20-Jun-13 16:05:28

There is absolutely no logic to your post, btw, sorry.

Under Victorian law, only men could commit sodomy (still true, actually).

'Men commit sodomy' is perfectly accurate - women don't.

Likewise 'women have vaginal orgasms' doesn't mean all women do, but that men don't.

ecclesvet Thu 20-Jun-13 16:06:11

In Jamaica, only women can commit infanticide. Is the phrase "women commit infanticide" valid?

OneMoreChap Thu 20-Jun-13 16:06:23

Still not sure that

Women sexually assault

is in anyway helpful to anyone, anymore than Men rape or sexually assault is.

Don't be a rapist or support those who are is probably a message I'll keep sharing, sorry if that's too comfortable fluffy bunnikins for you.

MalenkyRusskyDrakonchik Thu 20-Jun-13 16:07:23

eccles - so long as you qualify it with 'In Jamaica' the way I've been qualifying with 'under UK law', obviously it is.

How would it not be?

garlicnutty Thu 20-Jun-13 16:07:48

ISWYM, PQW! <collapses in acronym explosion>

MalenkyRusskyDrakonchik Thu 20-Jun-13 16:09:06

I feel like scallops.

I love being lectured by men about how they're not sure how helpful I'm being in their crusade to end male violence.

I'm not sure how helpful they're being, but of course, it wouldn't be my place to intervene in an issue that clearly concerns the menz so much more than a mere ladyperson.

OneMoreChap Thu 20-Jun-13 16:16:16

MRD didn't think I was lecturing you.

If I was I withdraw unreservedly.
Points to OP.

AnnieLobeseder Sun 16-Jun-13 19:34:44
Sigh. I've been deleted and blocked by yet another feminist page on Facebook for daring to disagree with them on something they've posted.

...^this was how ALL MEN think, that ALL MEN search for filth like that^

which led to "Men Rape"

Incidentally, which other men have been lecturing?

MalenkyRusskyDrakonchik Thu 20-Jun-13 16:19:19

I appreciate that.

I think I'm still going to give this thread a break though, too many men lecturing, and I'm not sure it's helpful to the OP, who is someone I respect a lot. I don't want to get into it endlessly if she's not interested.

garlicnutty Thu 20-Jun-13 16:23:59

I'm not a man! <checks undercarriage>
I also apologise if I've been lecturing.

MalenkyRusskyDrakonchik Thu 20-Jun-13 16:24:57

I know you're not a man. grin

And I didn't think you were lecturing, either.

garlicnutty Thu 20-Jun-13 16:25:40

smile Thank you. <hugs everybody>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now