Fucking hell, Nigella picture, WTF? [includes links to upsetting images]

(523 Posts)
BoffinMum Sat 15-Jun-13 22:51:33

https://twitter.com/suttonnick/status/346017840106704898/photo/1

Tomorrow's Sunday People cover. Where do we even start with this?

Boffin that was the story I'd seen before. I'm guessing the Mail put the positive spin on it as a result of legal pressure but the pictures tell another story. She looks miserable.

Annunziata Sat 15-Jun-13 23:09:50

Oh God that is horrendous sad

BoffinMum Sat 15-Jun-13 23:10:23

Look in the gallery of pictures and see how the man grabs her neck and then pulls her nose upwards.

I hope he is fucking arrested.

LTB Nigella.

ITCouldBeWorse Sat 15-Jun-13 23:11:02

Not titillation I think, outrage at him, sympathy for her.

She needs to get out and divorce right now.

What a complete shit.

piprabbit Sat 15-Jun-13 23:11:47

Can't believe that anyone decided to take a series of photos rather than walking over and asking if she was OK.

EleanorFarjeon Sat 15-Jun-13 23:11:58

She doesn't exactly look upset - he may have been feeling her tonsils!

A literal snap shot - it doesn't necessarily mean anything.

Kneedeepindaisies Sat 15-Jun-13 23:12:09

Poor Nigella. Awful to have to suffer this and have it all over the papers.

What a fucking prick this man is.

BoffinMum Sat 15-Jun-13 23:12:30

K8, quite, I am just as shocked at the public nature of this but I do hope the police deal with it properly.

BoffinMum Sat 15-Jun-13 23:13:02

Eleanor, see the link with the gallery set of pictures and it looks a lot meaner.

Seeing those second pictures I can't believe the restaurant didn't call the police. That's a sustained assault.
Doesn't the Mirror tell a familar story - she's happy, doing well and confident. He doesn't feel so great about himself so how can he control her - with his fists. I hope the police are on their way round right now to arrest him.

BoffinMum Sat 15-Jun-13 23:13:38
ITCouldBeWorse Sat 15-Jun-13 23:14:13

I think she looks pretty upset.
I'm upset looking at those photos.

If they were not married, I think you would see this was a violent assault.

BoffinMum Sat 15-Jun-13 23:14:50

It's the one where he yanks up her nose that upsets me the most.

Methe Sat 15-Jun-13 23:15:50

What an absolute cunt.

It IS a violent assault.

Her family and friends are going to see those pictures. I hope they can find some strength to help her. I think she should leave but even for a famous and successful person that's very hard to do.

EleanorFarjeon Sat 15-Jun-13 23:18:05

Nope. Still not getting the outrage. He's holding her hand in many of the pictures. It could be interpreted in different ways imo. I wouldn't automatically assume something sinister.

ITCouldBeWorse Sat 15-Jun-13 23:18:06

If there is anything good to come of this (other than her ltb), I think it might be showing this can happen to nice women.

You know how if Liza Hurley and Jennifer Anniston could be cheated on, then anyone could without being to blame. Maybe this will be a step in altering perceptions?

Is it two women each week killed by partners and ex partners? well there is a little photo episode of how.

I hope she is safe tonight. I know it is a shame to have one's life splashed over the tabloids, but it is not her shameful act is it?

ITCouldBeWorse Sat 15-Jun-13 23:19:15

Holding someone's hand can be very controlling too.

What can look like a romantic whisper can be a terrifying threat.

BoffinMum Sat 15-Jun-13 23:19:18

Look, it's awful either way. Either she's living with a violent man or her private life is being plastered everywhere, or even worse, both.

BoffinMum Sat 15-Jun-13 23:20:01

Eleanore, what do you attribute the nose grabbing to?

PicklePants Sat 15-Jun-13 23:20:37

What a nasty piece of work. I hope he is dealt with by the police and that Nigella gets away from the sorry excuse for a human being.

Sickening.

Helpyourself Sat 15-Jun-13 23:21:31

sad
I'm afraid if he'll do that in public...
God, what an utter bastard.

Eleanor I've been married nearly 16 years, known my husband for 18. How many times do you think he's put his hand round my neck?

The answer is zero. There's never any need to do that. It's not open to interpretation. It's assault. You should be ashamed of yourself apologising for him.

Helpyourself Sat 15-Jun-13 23:22:56

Why wouldn't you think he's abusing her Eleanor? confused

PareyMortas Sat 15-Jun-13 23:23:22

I want to scoop her up and keep her safe. I hope her friends and family will support her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now