Let Toys Be Toys Update - Boots take down signs!

(17 Posts)
AndMiffyWentToSleep Mon 13-May-13 08:50:32

That's fantastic!

grimbletart Tue 07-May-13 12:13:40
OneHandWavingFree Mon 06-May-13 23:15:16

Sorry, link to article.

OneHandWavingFree Mon 06-May-13 23:14:51

Great article on the campaign in today's independent: http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/features/how-parents-are-battling-sexism-in-toy-shops-8605123.html

Thanks everyone for the well wishes - pleae come join us if you haven't already, it's the strength in numbers that is making the difference! And please sign the petition too smile

leeloo1 Wed 01-May-13 17:14:17

Well done on the coup!

You'd be proud of my local Boots store, for the past few months they've had the aisle with all the pretty coloured skirts/dresses etc labelled as 'boys clothes' and the aisle with all the murky brown trousers/camo etc labelled as 'girls clothes'. There's gender reversal for you! grin

Well done all. I've been seeing your updates on Facebook although I'm not on it very often and don't post.

I also have a DS who loves to clean and play with his tea set and pretend food. So it's great to see your campaign building. grin

MaMattoo Wed 01-May-13 17:00:20

Well done! I am so glad to hear about this!! From mum of a boy who loves to cook and clean :-)

ParsingFancy Wed 01-May-13 16:58:10

Oh you big shiny stars! thanks

milktraylady Wed 01-May-13 16:56:36

Well done!

superbagpuss Wed 01-May-13 16:56:17

so pleased to hear it, my dt sons love their tea set grin.

Lessthanaballpark Wed 01-May-13 16:52:08

I know Kore, it's been manic! We've also been since on BBC Five Live, BBC Tees, the Mail Online and The Guardian - all in the space of one day! Although as you can imagine, the comments on the Mail were derogatory to say the least!!

KoreRenati Wed 01-May-13 13:48:07

So glad to see stores taking notice smile So much for all the people saying it wouldn't make a difference at the beginning!

wol1968 Wed 01-May-13 13:46:22

Good. smile My DD loves her chemistry set - much to my dismay I might add, as it involves high-level supervision and much meticulous cleaning up after use. grin

SavoyCabbage Wed 01-May-13 08:23:37

Wow! That's great. Well done.

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Wed 01-May-13 08:03:10

Yay!

Lessthanaballpark Tue 30-Apr-13 23:27:31

.......... and for those of you who don't know us you can find us here smile

Lessthanaballpark Tue 30-Apr-13 23:24:42

Hi, we just wanted to give a quick update on the campaign as today we had quite a big coup. After a flurry of complaints whipped up in no small part by a post on our Facebook page Boots issued the statement that they are going to take down the gendered signs that currently put science toys under "boys' toys" and mini tea-sets under "girls' toys".

So thanks to anyone here who complained .............

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now