Use of the word cunt as an insult towards a male

(83 Posts)
kukeslala Wed 24-Apr-13 19:48:30

Hi

Have posted this on another thread, but very interested to read some more replies, so have decided to give myself my own thread.

I have been reading this board for a few days, and have noticed the word cunt being used to insult males.

I just dont get it?

Why use a word that describes a females vagina to insult a male.

Its not that it is classed as a swear word, its that its used to describe a female body part and then its being used in a derogatory way to insult someone- IYSWIM?

Is it being used to reclaim the word? Or just used without thinking?

Thanks

WrenNatsworthy Fri 26-Apr-13 15:58:14

I've performed in VDay production of the Vagina Monologues, getting an audience of 300 people (including my Dad) shouting 'Cunt' when I did the 'reclaiming cunt' monologue, is one of the highlights of my life. grin

grin

That would be pretty damn cool.

(I am definitely, definitely with alex on the etymology though - pet hate.)

WrenNatsworthy Sun 28-Apr-13 12:35:27

Sigh.

I've not studied etymology. I posted the link because I've always liked the idea that the word cunt can be reclaimed. There is no 'with alex' or 'with wren'. I stand corrected.

<runs off skipping in the sunshine>

confused

I didn't mean it like that - I meant 'I agree with alex about etymology'. So, yes, actually, I do agree with her. It's not a dig at you, it's just part of the discussion.

WrenNatsworthy Sun 28-Apr-13 14:28:58

Groovy.

alexpolismum Sun 28-Apr-13 15:57:40

I agree with alex too wink

Good of you. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now