misandry

(33 Posts)
curryeater Wed 10-Apr-13 13:26:20

The second article was interesting. I wondered what these "obligations" were that men need to be free from. The comments were somewhat enlightening:

1. They don't want to be nice to women or care about their feelings any more.

2. They don't want to have to to slow down or dumb it down so that women can keep up with them (I'm not too worried about this one grin).

3. They don't want to take bullets for women.

4. Rather surprisingly, they also want to be freed from the obligation to pay tax, use banks or handle cash. Not quite sure they've thought that one through confused

On a less satirical note (mine, not theirs) it led me to wonder what 'obligations' men have that I wouldn't be willing for them to give up in exchange for equality. Still thinking...

DaffodilAdams Fri 12-Apr-13 07:28:28

Feminism isn't an attack on men's rights. It is an attack on men's privilege though.

SabrinaMulhollandJjones Fri 12-Apr-13 00:24:00

Exactly Yonitime. It is, I suppose, an attack on male privilege. MRAs don't want to a) acknowledge that male privilege exists, or b) lose that male privilege.

StickEmUpPunk Thu 11-Apr-13 20:53:13

I know, sad sad sad. They don't want to see. It would crumble the whole basis of their being.

YoniTime Thu 11-Apr-13 20:50:18

I doubt they see any difference, StickEm.

StickEmUpPunk Thu 11-Apr-13 20:37:07

(I didnt say that last bit right, but you know what i mean)

StickEmUpPunk Thu 11-Apr-13 20:36:18

I said attack on men, and not mens rights. Difference.
Giving rights to one set does not mean removing from another.

(Reference rights for black people, it doesnt hurt white folk to acknowledge rights are needed all round)

YoniTime Thu 11-Apr-13 20:27:10

*over women and children

YoniTime Thu 11-Apr-13 20:26:38

The thing is, feminism IS an attack on men's rights...that is, if you think men's rights are to lord it of women and children.

StickEmUpPunk Thu 11-Apr-13 19:59:08

It's fucking stupid mras think feminism is an attack on men. Is not fucking about you like everything else on the planet.

That an open letter to feminists made me mad.

SplitHeadGirl Thu 11-Apr-13 19:42:49

Basil I really liked your explanation there. I never quite got what it was these strange men were looking for. That makes a lot of sense. I suppose you would have to be quite a controlling person to be a MRA and slabber on about misandry - controlling towards women anyway.

YoniTime Thu 11-Apr-13 16:41:43

Well my impression of what MRA's want is no feminism, so they are campaigning for what they want.

YonirockandrollbutIlikeit Thu 11-Apr-13 15:36:12

I wish MRA's would campaign for what they want, rather than campaigning against feminists.

HullMum Thu 11-Apr-13 02:47:51

actually do more than my fair share of baking and knitting.... but will get on the ironing straight away! will have to find it first

NiceTabard Thu 11-Apr-13 01:32:53

Ah don't hurt your pretty little head!

That would be so wrong. Probably your head hurts as you are going against your intrinsic nature. Please do start knitting and darning and doing lots of ironing as soon as you can. maybe bake a little and enjoy feeling awed when there are blokes around who are talking. This should make you feel better smile

HullMum Thu 11-Apr-13 01:05:17

it hurts my head basil.

BasilBabyEater Thu 11-Apr-13 00:14:18

Satsuki, they seriously believe that women's job is to service them.

That includes doing their political lobbying for them, against our own interests.

They really do see it as an attack on them if we don't service them.

Wankers.

AnyFucker Wed 10-Apr-13 23:53:04

LaLa, your pc has a well-honed twat radar smile

SatsukiKusukabe Wed 10-Apr-13 23:51:47

they are bleating on in the politics section about feminism not taking on MRAs causes confused why would we? it's feminism.. MRAs aren't fighting the way women are seen by the media? do you think it's a joke thing or a derailing tactic or do they really see themselves as second class citizens....

AnyFucker Wed 10-Apr-13 23:51:09

By "obligations" I think they mean contributing to supporting the children they father.

YouMakeMeWannaLaLa Wed 10-Apr-13 23:50:18

I can't see that second link because of a ContentLock on my computer.

Either my computer's a feminist or it fears for my blood pressure grin

YouMakeMeWannaLaLa Wed 10-Apr-13 23:47:37

Yeah, holding doors and paying for dinner I reckon.

NiceTabard Wed 10-Apr-13 23:42:16

That voice link is really weird. It says that women keep getting more rights (?) but will not free men from their "obligations" but then does not in any way explain what these obligations are.

Is it to do with holding doors open (again)?

Baffling article.
The article in the OP was emjoyable though smile

SatsukiKusukabe Wed 10-Apr-13 23:12:12

that sounds a bit right basil, I cant imagine what it must be like to be with one if them.

SigmundFraude Wed 10-Apr-13 23:02:45

Wow, that's one naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrow lens you have on there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now