misandry

(33 Posts)
curryeater Wed 10-Apr-13 13:26:20
YoniTime Thu 11-Apr-13 20:27:10

*over women and children

StickEmUpPunk Thu 11-Apr-13 20:36:18

I said attack on men, and not mens rights. Difference.
Giving rights to one set does not mean removing from another.

(Reference rights for black people, it doesnt hurt white folk to acknowledge rights are needed all round)

StickEmUpPunk Thu 11-Apr-13 20:37:07

(I didnt say that last bit right, but you know what i mean)

YoniTime Thu 11-Apr-13 20:50:18

I doubt they see any difference, StickEm.

StickEmUpPunk Thu 11-Apr-13 20:53:13

I know, sad sad sad. They don't want to see. It would crumble the whole basis of their being.

SabrinaMulhollandJjones Fri 12-Apr-13 00:24:00

Exactly Yonitime. It is, I suppose, an attack on male privilege. MRAs don't want to a) acknowledge that male privilege exists, or b) lose that male privilege.

DaffodilAdams Fri 12-Apr-13 07:28:28

Feminism isn't an attack on men's rights. It is an attack on men's privilege though.

The second article was interesting. I wondered what these "obligations" were that men need to be free from. The comments were somewhat enlightening:

1. They don't want to be nice to women or care about their feelings any more.

2. They don't want to have to to slow down or dumb it down so that women can keep up with them (I'm not too worried about this one grin).

3. They don't want to take bullets for women.

4. Rather surprisingly, they also want to be freed from the obligation to pay tax, use banks or handle cash. Not quite sure they've thought that one through confused

On a less satirical note (mine, not theirs) it led me to wonder what 'obligations' men have that I wouldn't be willing for them to give up in exchange for equality. Still thinking...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now