Malala Yousufza - an inspiration

(8 Posts)
inde Sat 06-Apr-13 09:56:53

I think she is wonderful. She is unbelievably brave. She is a fantastic role model for both girls and boys.

NiceTabard Sat 06-Apr-13 02:07:17

She's not back in pakistan is she? I thought she remains in the UK as per previous reports. Watching the link says that too. Has she gone back home? If so I am shocked that is really terrifying can you link please.

PS I found Angelina Jolie's comments fine and also in DRC how many top female hollywood icons address issues like rape openly, she has been a UN whateveritis for years and I think if she is prepared to give her name over years to highlight abuses of womens rights then good for her frankly she'll get more bloody attention than you or me

specialsubject Fri 05-Apr-13 22:19:57

should be compulsory viewing for every teen that wastes their time in school. Especially the girls.

scottishmummy Fri 05-Apr-13 22:18:11

Remarkable lassie
Angelia came across really insincere demeanour more suited to oscars speech

CakeAche Fri 05-Apr-13 19:17:24

I have such an unbelievable amount of respect for her; I don't think I would be capable of displaying nearly an ounce of the courage and determination that she's shown and I'm nearly twice her age.

It is depressing that it still goes on though.

Meglet perhaps "ovaries of steel"?

piprabbit Fri 05-Apr-13 19:11:48

She is very impressive, but I was very shocked that we hadn't hear more about her friends who were injured with her and who an no longer travel outside without an armed guard.

It makes me feel rather depressed, that there are so many other Malalas in Pakistan wanting an education who are targets of this vile terrorism.

Meglet Fri 05-Apr-13 19:06:23

I was all choked up when I watched the news report earlier. Is there a feminist eqivalent of 'balls of steel'? Whatever it is, she has it in spades.

kim147 Fri 05-Apr-13 18:59:56

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-22045269

She's back in Pakistan using her funds to help other girls get an education. Unfortunately her two friends who were with her are under armed guard.

Kind of puts the world in perspective. I admire her for her inspiration.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now