Men Who Kick Down Doors and the War Against Women

(4 Posts)
DaffodilAdams Fri 29-Mar-13 11:51:16

Here is a really good piece showing the relationship between "domestic" violence and war and how it is all part of the same culture.

I think it is really good at showing that male violence is a pattern and culture not a series of isolated, unrelated incidents.

Sunnywithshowers Fri 29-Mar-13 14:50:26

Interesting article - thank you.

SabrinaMulhollandJjones Mon 01-Apr-13 14:23:27

Yes, I agree that male violence is a pattern and a culture. Thanks for posting that- a really interesting read.

The particular domestic violence incident described in the article, was discussed and shown as a series of (disturbing) photos in this recent FWR thread:

A portrait of Domestic Violence and comes with a trigger warning.

I suppose people know about Harriet who was married to John Stuart Mill and influenced him massively. It's a shame he is known and she is mostly unknown.

As he said, "Were I but capable of interpreting to the world one half the great thoughts and noble feelings which are buried in her grave, I should be the medium of a greater benefit to it, than is ever likely to arise from anything that I can write, unprompted and unassisted by her all but unrivalled wisdom."

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now