Wall Street Journal Article (Depressing)

(5 Posts)
Sausageeggbacon Thu 28-Mar-13 13:18:07

Just read an article about women in the workplace and the queen bee syndrome (here).

Is this just in America or do we have this in the UK? DD seems to thinki her career path may take her to the US and this worries me. Normally I spend most of my time worrying about my boys but this one made me sit up.

Lessthanaballpark Thu 28-Mar-13 14:50:18

Hmmm interesting. I've never experienced the Queen Bee syndrome myself although I have experienced the expectation of it. I've had bossy female bosses, but also bossy male ones.

I have experienced nasty behaviour by women who would never dream of treating men in the same way which makes it very difficult to complain. I think that men are accorded more respect and that women are easier to pick on.

SatsukiKusukabe Thu 28-Mar-13 16:08:58

when men are shit as managers people don't write articles about it.

Sausageeggbacon Thu 28-Mar-13 16:57:07

The figures at the bottom of the article seem to suggest male managers will bully anyone yet female managers concentrate on other women. Are we scared to bully men? Do we worry about what men think of us? It is actually a really depressing thought that even in a position of management we worry about what men think of us and not what other women think.

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Thu 28-Mar-13 21:00:07

YY satsuki.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now