grrr asking a man to not use his phone in the quiet cartiage makes me a bitch appatently

(31 Posts)
FasterStronger Mon 25-Mar-13 13:38:14

I get on a train in the quite carriage and blokie appears to be having long conversation. Other passengers are sighing...

I ask him to continue the conversation in the vestibule. Immediately he starts calling me an f##king bitch.

I tell him he is rude and I dont care what he thinks. We do a slight squaring up. And repeat the same conversation a few times

Guard move him on. Other passengers thank me. Nice lady says I did the right thing and squeezes my shoulder.

What's wrong with male youth culture? He was so entitled. Poor young women.

I need to prepare for my meeting but will be back later.

Boredwench Fri 05-Apr-13 10:39:05

He was being insulting, hardly sounds like he had the mental capacity to realise he was actually partaking in some gender war. By insulting the entire male youth hardly covers oneself in glory does it? You know people are idiots irrespective of their gender right? Having a penis or vagina does not predispose someone is going to be an idiot, their mentality does. Are all women stressy nagging useless drivers? If course not.... That's absurd, the same as stereotyping every young male

Boredwench Fri 05-Apr-13 10:39:44

Of course not.....

Damm predictive text

BasilBabyEater Fri 05-Apr-13 17:33:20

Boredwench he was rude in the way he was because of his gender and the OP's.

He would not have said this sort of thing to another man, because he knows that the possibility of male violence being inflicted upon him is there.

Whereas women don't usually inflict violence on men who are rude to them.

(Men don't usually inflict violence on rude strangers either, but the possibility is there and the rude stranger generally has more respect for a man than a woman.)

flippinada Sat 06-Apr-13 17:24:57

Yanbu (I know it's not AIBU but you aren't) and good for you standing up for yourself and other passengers.

Bet he wouldn't have spoken like that to a man.

forcednamechange1 Sat 13-Apr-13 05:06:16

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

runningforthebusinheels Sat 13-Apr-13 14:57:21

bump

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now