Defeat for feminism as Netherlands rules "forced kissing is not rape"

(19 Posts)
mostpopular Wed 13-Mar-13 21:59:27

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

mostpopular Wed 13-Mar-13 22:00:55

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

FastidiaBlueberry Wed 13-Mar-13 22:01:32

biscuit

FastidiaBlueberry Wed 13-Mar-13 22:02:04

Glad you agree with the court that forcing a kiss on someone is sexual assault.

mostpopular Wed 13-Mar-13 22:15:19

Darkesteyes Wed 13-Mar-13 22:24:19

Oh God is this ARRSE again,.

Trekkie Wed 13-Mar-13 22:54:15

Oh god that happened to me once it was really nasty.
I agree with the Dutch court that it is a sexual assault.

Trekkie Wed 13-Mar-13 22:58:16

Jeez those comments.

Must not read D comments ever.

Right, first things first, well done OP on stringing a few sentences together, it must have been hard for you. So congratulations.

Next step is reading.

Try this paragraph for a start

"The judges ruled that a forced kiss should be considered an indecent assault, a crime which carries a maximum sentence of eight years in the Netherlands, as opposed to rape, which has a maximum 12-year sentence."

So that's 8 (you know, the number between 7 and 9, you'll need the fingers on your second hand for this sweetheart) years max sentence. That means there is a, as you put it, real victim. And while forced kissing is no longer being treated as totally equal with forced penetration with a penis, it is still very serious indeed. And while it is still being treated as serious I'm sure the feminists will be perfectly happy. They'd be happier still if no idiots thought it was acceptable.

Now, if we've mastered reading, maybe we could move onto discussion.

We'll start it nice and easy for you, just one small question.

Why are you so happy about forced kissing getting a shorter sentence than penetration with a penis?

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Thu 14-Mar-13 00:54:16

Man convicted of sexual assault!

Feminism defeated!

Random unrelated statements are fun!

djelibeybi Thu 14-Mar-13 01:05:59

If I had to choose between an unwanted kiss or rape, I choose the unwanted kiss every time.

not planning any trips to the Netherlands then op? don't worry I think you can still pay for it there... assuming you can't win the ladies on charm alone.... wink

Lessthanaballpark Thu 14-Mar-13 06:10:15

Be nice if these men didn't feel the need to do either.

NoTimeForS Thu 14-Mar-13 06:35:25

Nah, this is the pre-arrse troll again. The 'feminists want to set fire to sex workers' one.

popularmost Thu 14-Mar-13 08:49:25

"not planning any trips to the Netherlands then op"

Don't know where you got this from. I agree the man should be convicted of sexual assault, but I don't agree with expanding the definition of rape.

notimefors so you're saying he is just an arse not an arrse? grin

NoTimeForS Thu 14-Mar-13 17:28:01

That was meant to be gently implied yes. I am so transparent.

thezebrawearspurple Thu 14-Mar-13 20:40:48

It's sexual assault, not rape. The court was right. How does failing to expand the definition of rape to a forced tongue kiss defeat feminism? Rape is amongst the most serious of crimes, it is traumatising, humiliating and invasive, to demand that a tongue kiss be placed in the same category is grossly offensive and dismissive of the experience of rape victims.

Trekkie Thu 14-Mar-13 22:14:32

popularmost no-one is trying to "expand the definition of rape".

In the netherlands any forced penetration was counted as rape.
They have now decided that forced penetration involving a tongue and a mouth is sexual assault, not rape. they have reduced their definition of rape, not expanded it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now