I found an American girl doll at a rummage sale

(4 Posts)

Mushroom those designa friend dolls are nice and look like good value for the money not counting the Quinny dolls pram its trying to sell me underneath! I am loving those gtoz dolls too goth but they are 100 USD quite expensive like the American dolls too.

Actually they do an irish one with story goth but its not a cuddly doll. here

I don't think it's a prerequisite the look like the child, but I always remember thinking it was nice when I found one that looked like me, didn't you? I used to stare in to aisles of barbie or baby dolls and nothing was like me. And I was a white kid with brown hair and brown eyes, must have been a nightmare for children of color.

here is this any good for you? or is a bit hmm looks like it might fit your gotz dolls

or these here, although to warn you have to muddle through a lot of st particks day crap to see the nice stuff grin

GrownupGoth Tue 12-Mar-13 17:00:01

My DD has Gotz Hannah doll... She's getting a Gotz Jelly Doll for her Birthday.

She also has Baby Annabelle, my Sindy from the early 80's and a couple of Barbies from pressies... funnily enough none of them look like her. Is that a pre-requisite?

Although if we could get an Irish doll with the relevant history grin

MrsMushroom Tue 12-Mar-13 16:56:34

Oh lovely. What a bargain! I got my DDs one of the Designa Friend dolls in Argos a couple of Christmases ago...and they're still going strong. They're normally shaped little girl dolls...lots of nice clothing to buy to go with them and ALL age appropriate.

here's one

They're good quality too!

for DD grin . So excited been after one for ages but they are totally out of my price range. I'm not anti doll but do think most dolls are shit. this one even looks like her smile. if you don't know what they are you should check them out online. they come with a historical tale and I think are a great toy for young girls.just wish there was a boy version for Ds, I would love a proper doll that looked liked himsad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now