Help with activism?

(6 Posts)
TheDoctrineOfSnatch Sun 03-Mar-13 20:21:58

Ok, then you need the clubs signed up first, I guess. Do you want them to have a "code of conduct"?

Have a look on the Feminist Activism board and see if anyone has done something like this before?

BubblegumPie Sun 03-Mar-13 19:50:59

The public I think, something highlighting that it's unacceptable and how the pub/bar/club will support you if you are a victim?

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Sun 03-Mar-13 19:28:50

What would be the gist of the campaign? Is it to educate that groping is assault? Is it aimed at the police or public? Etc.

BubblegumPie Sun 03-Mar-13 16:22:14

Thanks Abigail I will have a look.

AbigailAdams Sun 03-Mar-13 15:48:31

I don't have any experience but you could try asking a local feminist group. The Everyday Sexism Project or Object may have some ideas or even have some current campaigns running.

I read your thread earlier and I am sorry for what happened to you. You handled yourself well.

BubblegumPie Sun 03-Mar-13 15:23:11

I started a thread last night on how I had been groped in a bar.

On a personal level, I have contacted the bar to see if the incident was caught on CCTV and would like to take this to the police if possible.

On a broader social level, I am thinking of starting up some sort of local campaign but have no idea how to go about this. DH has a few media connections, but I wouldn't know what to do with them.

Has anyone got any experience/advice they could share with me?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now