Feminism and gender equality

(130 Posts)

Whem I was first persuaded to unhide the FWR boards and take a look around, I was of the opinion that I wasn't a feminist because I believe that everyone should be equal. I was told that actually that is a basic tenet of feminism.

Now I see on the male circumcision thread numerous posters saying that feminism is nothing to do with gender equality, that they are different things.

Which is it please?

Feminist12312 Tue 19-Feb-13 03:55:39

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

seeker Tue 19-Feb-13 05:36:11

You're back! You know, you could always have a go at joining in the discussion - it's interesting and you might enjoy it.

PromQueenWithin Tue 19-Feb-13 12:47:57

Argh, just missed that deletion! I can't help thinking that HQ should let some of these stand so that their unpleasantness* / idiocy / bigotedness / whatever they said could stand and be examined for what it really is.

*unless it's really nasty and could upset people

BubblesOfBliss Tue 19-Feb-13 13:51:17

Just to let you know PQW - it wasn't nasty in this case - just tiresome and repetitive - bringing up the same ancient AIBU thread to supposedly confute the validity of feminism by suggesting that women are the matriarchal conspirators of endemic violence against men or some such thing.. it was a yawn thing.

nina17 Thu 21-Feb-13 18:03:03

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now