Crappiest facebook picture yet?

(20 Posts)
badinage Sun 10-Feb-13 02:45:23

Oh I can believe a woman posted this alright. I've responded to similar piles of shite yesterday and today on this site, never mind Facebook.

It does make me glad I don't 'do' Facebook though. I'd have to 'friend' a load of people I'm on nodding terms with, or even have a cordial relationship with because they are parents of the kids' pals or distant colleagues. And I can imagine a few of them sending this absolute rot around like a virus. Trouble is, once I'd seen it, I'd have to say something - and 'unfriend' them or block them or something. And from what I've seen, people get very uppity about that, like it's the most offensive thing in the world to airbrush them from your cyberworld.

PretzelTime Sat 09-Feb-13 21:13:35

I feel so sorry for gay couples, and feminine men + masculine women, they will never experience real romance and of course no sexsad

ashesgirl Sat 09-Feb-13 20:56:37

How on earth can you be fulfilled without a masculine man to ravish you? Christ on a bike. I'm about to tip over the edge today. Off to read my romance novel to fill the hollowing ache.

MrsWolowitzerables Fri 08-Feb-13 19:55:04

Arf, the replies have cheered me up no end!

Needles Yes, she is a bit woo. She's very into herbal drugs remedies and natural this and that and is quite preachy about it. She also asks 'faerys' to help her. I can hack all that stuff but this took the biscuit. Oh, wait. I shouldn't have biscuits as it must mean that I'm only eating them to fill my feminine hollow.

piprabbit Fri 08-Feb-13 19:28:50

Do a lot of men yearn to feel a woman's "back pressed against his chest"? Is this a Friday bumsex thread?

PretzelTime Fri 08-Feb-13 19:27:54

Yes Missy, there will be no need for reading, TV, shopping, eating chocolate or other types of entertainment with the right Mr Manly around. You'll just stare at him adoringly all day long.

Portofino Fri 08-Feb-13 19:23:55

I am getting old and belligerant and always post rude replies to this sort of stuff.

Foggles Fri 08-Feb-13 19:20:48

<weeps uncontrollably>

NeedlesCuties Fri 08-Feb-13 19:16:58

It is so flowery and a bit woo.

Is your friend usually like that?

That is hilarious, it was a joke post.......right? confused

This bit is my particular favourite - In their need for relief from the hollowing ache and their longing to be ravished by a masculine man in love, they search in vain for ways to fill the romantic void. Romance novels, comfort foods, shopping sprees, chocolate, and TV can only assuage a woman for so long.

Just so very wise and insightful, I thought I was happily married but still go shopping and eat chocolate so its inspired me to LTB for someone so much more manly to protect my little feminine self, as DH obviously isn't doing a good enough job.

PretzelTime Fri 08-Feb-13 19:08:20

What it's actually saying is that women need unequal relationships with macho warrior men or they'll get all hysterical and weep and get fat. So the text need to add some feminine Venus energy talk or else it would sound a bit...unappealing. grin

MrsWolowitzerables Fri 08-Feb-13 19:03:41

Nope sadly it came with her comment of "too true and very beautiful".

She has form for spouting crap but this is the creme de la creme of crap.

ThinkAboutItOnBoxingDay Fri 08-Feb-13 19:01:09

Are you sure your friend wasn't posting it in a mocking tone? I can only imagine it ever being laughed at.

MidnightMasquerader Fri 08-Feb-13 18:57:50

This was posted by a woman??!!? shock

<hoots>

PretzelTime Fri 08-Feb-13 18:40:16

Yes I'm sure that the wives of Roman soldiers, Nazi generals etc were the happiest women ever.

Who need rights and respect and real love anyway?

MrsWolowitzerables Fri 08-Feb-13 18:32:33

She's defriended.

Scootee, no I don't need to go on fb. I don't need to come on MN. Both of them are entertaining and I enjoy going on them. Doesn't mean I like everything I read on them though.

WilsonFrickett Fri 08-Feb-13 18:30:31

My eyes! My eyes!

Please tell me you've defriended this font of wisdom. Or I'll become angry and act out...

Scootee Fri 08-Feb-13 18:04:18

Do you need to go on Facebook?

MrsWolowitzerables Fri 08-Feb-13 17:46:54

Raaaah! Every time I read it I find a new bit that gives me the rage!

My eyes cannot roll any further back or I'll be peering at my own brain in a minute!

MrsWolowitzerables Fri 08-Feb-13 17:45:10

A soon to be ex FB friend posted this on her wall,

A world of men and women with equally balanced masculine and feminine energies may seem appealing on first look, but it’s poisonous to romance. As a feminine woman, you desire passion, romance, and a sense of being protected and adored. The energetically neutered man, with an equal balance of masculine and feminine energies, cannot sate your feminine desires. Your feminine essence— which yearns to be wrapped in the restrained strength of a champion who would battle an army just to feel your back pressed against his chest—will suffer.

Relationships in which both partners strive to express equal amounts of masculinity and femininity produce great friends. You will make cordial companions, but without opposing energies, your sexual encounters will rapidly cool to lukewarm.

These sugarless romances drive women to search for ways to sweeten the blandness. In their need for relief from the hollowing ache and their longing to be ravished by a masculine man in love, they search in vain for ways to fill the romantic void. Romance novels, comfort foods, shopping sprees, chocolate, and TV can only assuage a woman for so long. Sooner or later, the stifled energy of repressed needs balloons and manifests in a display of emotional outburst or harmful behavior. She’ll become angry and act out, have an affair, divorce, fall into depression, become obese, drive herself into bankruptcy, or weep uncontrollably, unable to explain the source of her suffering. No matter how you try, the needs of the Divine Feminine will not be contained."--from the book, Resurrecting Venus

I think that this is the crappiest load of nonsense I've seen on FB ever (and fb is FULL of crappy nonsense). This just made me actually groan! I don't yearn to be wrapped in the restrained strength of a champion who woud battle an army for me.

<bangs head on keyboard>

I probably would have just gone hmm and not thought much about it but after spending time on here I'm so glad that I can see this sexist, sterotypical tripe for what it is so thanks for the enlightenment thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now