Dildos & Vibrators

(115 Posts)
kickassangel Wed 06-Feb-13 00:56:12

OK - so in my class about Fraternity & Freemasons last night we ended up with the teacher telling us how the clitoris is the only part of a woman's body that has the nerve endings which will bring about an orgasm. That the vagina doesn't have the right amount of nerves. (Believe me, it made perfect sense for this to happen in a lecture on the history of 1800s freemasons.)

Anyway - my thought was - I get why penetrative sex exists, but WHY do sex shops sell dildos & vibrators?

I've never actually seen either in rl (yes, honestly), so maybe I'm missing something, but wouldn't it make more sense for there to be sex toys that stimulate the clitoris, not the vagina?

And yes, the obvious answer is that we're meant to need a man & his penis, so that's what we get sold.

Darkesteyes Sat 09-Feb-13 21:34:09

I guess im just afraid. I dont think its anything to do with age either Curious. There are plenty of older men who still make love to their wives. I too believe its the way they are.
They also tend to think that because they dont want you no one else will.
I also had a Catholic upbringing (have completely rejected that religion for the past 21 yrs) but i have very mysogynistic parents.
Some times it feels so suffocating. Sometimes i just want to pack a bag and run. I can so understand why some people choose to go "missing" and not want to be found.

Darkesteyes Sat 09-Feb-13 21:40:10

Ive had naughty dreams (one really vivid one about my ex OM last month where i woke up turned on and in tears and more recently one about an actor) ive woke up turned on but not actually had an orgasm in my sleep (will admit that i helped myself along afterwards) blush

NigellasGuest Sat 09-Feb-13 21:47:44

yes, very odd....

AnyFucker Sun 10-Feb-13 11:41:02

DE, you know I've told you before how it makes me sad to think of you wasting the best (sexual, and otherwise) years of your life on this man.

AnyFucker Sun 10-Feb-13 11:44:53

Orgasm in my sleep has happened to me a couple of times. Very disorientating! Especially since I couldn't remember what I was dreaming about...

Darkesteyes Sun 10-Feb-13 15:59:15

AF thanks

AnyFucker Sun 10-Feb-13 16:35:34

thanks

Darkesteyes Wed 13-Feb-13 23:14:45

I did it. I treated myself to a little naughty pressie today. grin blush

AnyFucker Wed 13-Feb-13 23:15:56

See you in 3 days...

Darkesteyes Wed 13-Feb-13 23:49:40

Yep..LOL at AF x

I orgasm in my sleep quite regularly, maybe once a month. And especially if I haven't had sex in a while.

To those of you having vaginal orgasms from piv - are you stimulating your clitoris at the same time? Or is your partner just thrusting and that leads to an orgasm?

I've never been able to come without touching my clitoris so very interested in learning if I'm able to achieve these vaginal orgasms.

I've had a gspot orgasm before, amazing and very different.

Rosyisgonnabeamummy Sat 23-Feb-13 18:10:38

Watching rugby, wood burner lit, reading posts on self pleasure - can life get much better?

I second lovehoney. I like the glass phalic shaped ones. They are beautiful. No naf veins or noise.

I'm interested to hear about the treat - was it worth it?

Also, 2pence worth on clits. Your nerve bundle is huge. Masterbation only enhances your knowledge of your body, and enhances the signals to the brain. Huge subject but look in to the a & p of nerve conduction, enhancing nerve conduction and sensitivity. In short - nerves need practice at passing the pleasure signals up

Darkesteyes Sat 23-Feb-13 20:39:57

Rosy i havent actually tried it yet. And its time of the month now so will have to wait a bit.
Ive seen those glass phallic ones but they are way out of my price range.

Rosyisgonnabeamummy Sat 23-Feb-13 22:22:57

Dark mine was less than 20£
Lovehoney

Darkesteyes Sat 23-Feb-13 22:43:08

Rosy thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now