Boy coloured nursing cover.

(32 Posts)
feministefatale Fri 01-Feb-13 02:21:41

Anyone looking to get rid of a boy-coloured nursing cover? I have a purple one, but I think he'd appreciate something more neutral. ;)

Saw this for sale locally. What the fuck, surely even if you worry about this this sort of thing you can see that a nursing cover is an accessory for you? you wear it And that a baby doesn't care about what color you are wearing anyway?

feministefatale Fri 01-Feb-13 17:07:54

I see it as the mother trying to give herself some privacy, if you never used a cover you may not have needed privacy so see a cover as giving the baby in quiet?

I saw the pram as my accessory, I am pushing the bloody thing (dh's too but he works so more mine) and I really wanted a hot pink bugaboo (so sue me)... IN the end I got a sand coloured one because it was on Ebay.. but I never saw it as needing to "match" the dc. Same with car seats, they match our car... not the kids.

piprabbit Fri 01-Feb-13 17:11:28

My boy is mostly pink-coloured, with crusty brown bits round his fingers (chocolate biscuit) and crusty green bits round his nose (recovering from a cold). I guess you could use that as the basis for some sort of camouflage cover confused

Kveta Fri 01-Feb-13 17:19:55

grin tethers - a CDC (crudely drawn cock) would definitely macho it up!

LineRunner Fri 01-Feb-13 19:43:31

I don't even understand 'nursing cover.' Is it some sort of cape?

crazycanuck Fri 01-Feb-13 19:50:04

This reminds me of when I sold ds's last 2 bikes (he's 7 so they weren't big bikes). I listed them on a local online site with photos and described them as 'child's bike'. Both were red. Every single reply I received referred to them as 'the boys bike you advertised'. Good grief it made me stabby! angry

MortifiedAdams Fri 01-Feb-13 19:51:52

Id have took a pen and wrote "if the purple one is used, he might catch The Gay" underneath.

Stuff like this really grips my shit.

rosabud Fri 01-Feb-13 20:31:41

I've never heard of a nursing cover before! It sounds awful! One of reasons why our breasts are about 20cm from our faces is because that s how far new born babies can see - so I don't thnk, evolutionarily, so to speak, babies are meant to be focussing on what colour the blanket over their head is somehow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now