How many pictures of women in skimpy clothes have you seen today?

(13 Posts)

I saw some earlier in a ski magazine, advertising ski tuition. If they actually teach dressed like that, I will eat my hat! grin

sashh Sat 02-Feb-13 08:20:09

I hate daytime TV because of the 'James villas' ads.
Every single female, whatever age in skimpy bikini, every male in baggy shorts.

none-haven't left the house yet

badgeroncaffeine Fri 01-Feb-13 02:29:08

Not enough, but then I haven't read the Daily Mail website yet.

Doreen1a Fri 01-Feb-13 01:59:16

Bodybuilding mags usually have a pic of a semi-naked guy on the cover

Sunnywithshowers Fri 01-Feb-13 01:52:08

At least half a dozen. Gah.

I don't think I've seen any. I might have done but it hasn't registered (which, n itself, would say something).

Pan Wed 30-Jan-13 22:06:15

Anyone been to a Hollister shop? I haven't but am told they have semi-naked model-type men stood outside as a promo. dd (13) is a Hollisterholic and I'm pretty hmm at the purpose of of these models, where the customer-focus is teenagers. And in my survey of onegrin, female. Sexualisation of 'children' aspect?

< not OP-specific point obv. but it's a rare(?) eg of semi-naked men used as a tool. As it were. Dismiss this as you deem fit.>

MrsClown1 Wed 30-Jan-13 21:44:59

About 6 I think. I called in the co op today and there was the usual crap. No semi naked men

Haven't seen any.

sooperdooper Wed 30-Jan-13 14:18:29

None tbh, watched breakfast tv earlier and been in work all day, everyone appears to have enough clothes on!

AmandaPayne Wed 30-Jan-13 14:15:22

I have not seen any tv (other than Cbeebies) and not been in any shops, so zero on that. However, my DD1 did just sit of a remote and turn the tv to a music channel for about 15 seconds. I would guess there were about three dozen women in bikinis. Men fully dressed.

kim147 Wed 30-Jan-13 13:44:16

Well it's 2pm and I've seen 6. Popped into the local shops and just glanced at the papers. No surprise there.

Then advert on TV. Just a woman in skimpy clothes dancing in background.

Naturally, haven't seen any men in skimpy clothes yet.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now