If I like Nick Horby

(7 Posts)
BelfastBloke Tue 29-Jan-13 19:17:47

Are we to assume that Mitchy1nge is a teenager in the Ayn Rand phase?

We all go through that phase; most of us grow out of it.

OneMoreChap Tue 29-Jan-13 19:15:34

Mitchy1nge
Rediscovered Ayn Rand last year and still feel a bit evangelical about her. I love the fountainhead but think Atlas Shrugged is probably the one am supposed to recommend.

Completely boggled. Friend of the neo-con!
Gosh that woman was dreadful hypocrite - railed against Medicare, said you should care for yourself... up until she took Medicare.

AbigailAdams Tue 29-Jan-13 19:15:15

What about Sue Grafton? Easy read. Strong female lead character.

feministefatale Tue 29-Jan-13 19:12:04

um not that I particularly like Nick Hornby but these are sort of nice to read/stuff to think about without undue mental exertion type writers who happen to be women

Thank you, I do think it helps to be specific about these things though grin

I'll look up Scarlett Thomas today smile

Mitchy1nge Mon 28-Jan-13 22:07:10

um not that I particularly like Nick Hornby but these are sort of nice to read/stuff to think about without undue mental exertion type writers who happen to be women hmm

Mitchy1nge Mon 28-Jan-13 22:01:13

Rediscovered Ayn Rand last year and still feel a bit evangelical about her. I love the fountainhead but think Atlas Shrugged is probably the one am supposed to recommend.

Or do you like/know Scarlett Thomas?

feministefatale Mon 28-Jan-13 21:25:51

What female authors could you recommend to me? I like funny, not particularly deep (because i am knackered and genuinely can't handle it at the moment) relationship stuff is fine but I don't want it to be boy meets girl stuff and then man chasing for the rest of the book.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now