WTF is wrong with this judge(could trigger)

(12 Posts)
PamBeesly Fri 25-Jan-13 15:16:10

He has been jailed, the judge apologised, some justice for Fiona

tribpot Wed 23-Jan-13 16:36:50
PamBeesly Wed 23-Jan-13 16:11:41

This judge has a history of leniency for rapists, no regard for children either. He is a rotten bottom feeder unitedirelander.blogspot.ie/2007/03/justice-carney-must-be-removed.html?m=1

I hope Fiona Doyle finds her freedom somewhere, I hope that thing who calls himself her father has a rotten existence

allthegoodnamesweretaken Wed 23-Jan-13 12:58:43

Why is this vile man still working?
Surely he's done more than enough to be deemed unfit for the job?
Is there a petition to get him fired?

MarcelineTheVampireQueen Wed 23-Jan-13 00:43:21

This judge is a vile excuse for a human, if you see the other thread where I've posted some of his more outrageous sentences. He jailed a gang rape victim for being to frightende to return to court after he berated her in front of the accused.

Many calls have been made to have him removed but only the government can do so. I urge everyone to write to their local td. Today the papers were full of the story but all the taoiseach had to say was he hoped that it wouldn't put others off reporting rape...

The detail of the abuse is horrific and triggering so we won't detail it but I have contacted rape crisis and national council for women to see if there is something to be done. While on Twitter, I have noticed a small storm about it, its not enough.

I have seen victim impact statements used, though I don't know if its often or what the policy is. I do know that woman waived her right to privacy, faced her abuser and still got kicked in the teeth. Lately I have become more aware of how little rights women in Ireland have and it scares the shit out of me.

Pan Wed 23-Jan-13 00:21:54

thanks tribpot - it seemed v slow here.

tribpot Wed 23-Jan-13 00:18:20

There is another thread running about this. It seems to come down to 'it was a long time ago and he's said sorry'. Unbe-bloody-lievable.

Pan Wed 23-Jan-13 00:16:33

erm..anyone else?

What's also probably missing is a Victim Impact Statement, which is directly pertinent here, but I don't know if they are considered in the Republic.

Pan Tue 22-Jan-13 23:43:03

Also, the 9 years suspended is utter baloney. In effect he is sentencing him to 3 years for prolonged abuse of his own daughter from approx 7yrs old to 16yrs old ( assuming FHC was at 7yrs old). I am hoping/assuming the appeal is over that bit.

Pan Tue 22-Jan-13 23:36:29

or 'quite' why, even.

Pan Tue 22-Jan-13 23:34:56

I'm confused by a couple of things of this reporting.
- who is appealing? and against what exactly?
- why is the judge not seeing the mandate to impose a 'heavy sentence'. Case law is one thing, but as he says it is one of the most serious cases brought. So should attract one of the most serious sentences. Surely.

I think the employment record aspect is being quoted ( amongst all of the other so-called mitigating factors) in order to demonstrate all factors such as they are have been considered. But quiet why he can't get on with serving his custodial sentence part is a mystery.
I don't think in UK law you can sentence with a part suspended. It's either immediate custodial, or not.

So you raped your daughter for 10 years but you've held down a job so that's ok?
www.irishexaminer.com/ireland/raped-for-10-years-220297.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now