'The truth about false rape accusations' in graph form (based on US stats)

(28 Posts)

Click here

There is a "health warning" about the statistics, but the F.B.I. is among the sources of data, so I'd say it's more than a fair representation.

I know this won't surprise anyone, but to see it in this pictorial form, well it really hits home.

PiccadillyCervix Sat 12-Jan-13 20:48:59

I really don't understand how the stats could possibly be gathered when many rapes go unreported. Do they just guess?

No idea, but just because a rape isn't reported to the police officially does not mean it isn't reported to a hospital for a rape kit/MAP or to a rape help line number. They must keep data too

edam Sat 12-Jan-13 21:06:24

Frans - I imagine using the same methodology they use to come up with statistics for other unreported crimes, such as the British Crime Survey. You can ask people whether they've been victims of crimes, don't have to rely on only those who report to the police. If you use a valid sample, make sure they are representative of the general population and so on.

StewieGriffinsMom Sun 13-Jan-13 12:20:35

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now