Dental nurse sacked for being too tempting to employer

(12 Posts)
sunaintgonnashineanymore Tue 08-Jan-13 15:14:32

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

PiccadillyCervix Tue 08-Jan-13 15:02:12

Of course they are troll comments, hilarious and deserved troll comments. I hope the fucker doesn't get any business

OldLadyKnowsNothing Tue 08-Jan-13 03:13:38

I suspect that many of the "reviews" were trollish (many had been deleted since I first posted the link, and they've probably changed now) but, yanno, power of tinterwebz and stuff... He's a shit, and other women are prepared to support the sacked woman by posting shit reviews. It's not the most fantastic solution, but if it hurts him....

Franz1980 Tue 08-Jan-13 03:10:25

'I came in with my wife because she needed to have a checkup and cleaning. She told me that he interrupted the cleaning several times to use the bathroom. He came back to her with his hands smelling like vaseline and had bits of tissue stuck to his fingers and wrist. We'll not be going back to this creep.'

That has to be a troll comment right? I can't imagine that to be true.

Stoddleyomp Mon 07-Jan-13 21:07:05

Vomit

katiemummy2012 Mon 07-Jan-13 20:51:10

OLKN 'I came in with my wife because she needed to have a checkup and cleaning. She told me that he interrupted the cleaning several times to use the bathroom. He came back to her with his hands smelling like vaseline and had bits of tissue stuck to his fingers and wrist. We'll not be going back to this creep.'

hahahhahahahahha what a weirdo, obviously cant help himself when in the presence of a woman LMAO has to go to the bathroom to toss off whilst in the middle of doing dental work!

OldLadyKnowsNothing Tue 01-Jan-13 16:29:46
AmandaPayne Tue 01-Jan-13 16:22:01

Reading the link, I thank God that at least English employment law would give that short shrift.

Pantomimedam Tue 01-Jan-13 15:08:56

Good grief. I hope she appeals and takes him for as much money as she can get.

cumfy Tue 01-Jan-13 15:07:13

From the judgement:

Nelson does, however, have three responses to Dr. Knight’s overall position . First, she does not necessarily agree with Tenge. She argues that any termination because of a boss’s physical interest in a subordinate amounts to sex discrimination: “Plaintiff’s sex is implicated by the very nature of the reason for termination.”

Second, she suggests that without some kind of employee misconduct requirement, Dr. Knight’s position becomes simply a way of enforcing stereotypes and permitting pretexts: The employer can justify a series of adverse employment actions against persons of one gender by claiming, “My spouse thought I was attracted to them.” Third, she argues that if Dr. Knight would have been liable to Nelson for sexually harassing her, he should not be able to avoid liability for terminating her out of fear that he was going to harass her.

Nelson’s arguments warrant serious consideration, but we ultimately think a distinction exists between (1) an isolated employment decision based on person al relations (assuming no coercion or quid pro quo ), even if the relations would not have existed if the employee had been of the opposite gender, and (2) a decision based on gender itself. In the former case, the decision is driven entirely by individual feelings and emotions regarding a specific person. Such a decision is not gender-based , nor is it based on factors that might be a proxy for gender.

It seems clear that this reasoning is illogical; it is clear that his desire is very obviously a direct proxy for her gender.

Feckthehalls Tue 01-Jan-13 11:31:52

Unbelievable

kim147 Tue 01-Jan-13 10:41:54

www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2012/dec/27/dental-nurse-sacked-temptress-melissa-nelson

The dentist couldn't help being attracted to her so his wife wanted her sacked. The court agreed it was not a gender issue but an issue about the relationship so said the sacking was legitimate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now