Ched Evans victim granted compensation re Twitter

(7 Posts)
JuliaScurr Wed 14-Nov-12 11:37:37

he has to show that his belief that she consented was reasonable. Ask her how he did that.

Ched Evans' sister blocked me on Twitter, because she didn't like what I had to say to her.

She keeps saying on Twitter that (and I'm paraphrasing here); 'there was no rape, she can't remember consenting, but she did consent'.

I replied and pointed out, that she has only got the word of two people (her brother and the other footballer) that the victim did consent, but she has no proof that the victim consented as she wasn't there herself.

I said, "I appreciate you want to believe your brother, but you shouldn't be stating the consent thing as fact, you were not there."

She replied and said, "nor were you" and then blocked me.

Some people don't like the truth.

HalloweenNameChange Tue 13-Nov-12 19:45:25

you really would expect a biology teacher to be cleverer than that wouldn't you? Wonder how they enjoyed being named?

pigletpower Wed 07-Nov-12 20:03:27

I could not believe that one of the twitters was a woman and a teacher.What the actual fuck.

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Tue 06-Nov-12 18:20:18

Yep, good day indeed.

WilsonFrickett Tue 06-Nov-12 17:57:41

And his leave to appeal has just been thrown out! It's a good day. I believe her.

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Mon 05-Nov-12 15:24:28

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-north-east-wales-20207408

Nine people have each been told to pay £624 to a woman raped by footballer Ched Evans after they admitted naming her on Twitter and Facebook.

Glad this has been concluded, apart from one who pleaded not guilty.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now