Is the term 'Angry Fucking' potentially offensive to some women?

(237 Posts)
Ohsiena Wed 31-Oct-12 12:25:16

Ok I said I wouldn't start this, but I've been challenged to do so enough times, so I'm giving in.

It's about this thread - To think you should stay out of other people's bedrooms (378 Posts) 1This thread.

A very few of us understood why the term angry fucking was offensive to MrsC originally.

Most thought she had no sense of humour and just didn't get the joke.

Discussion was widened as a poster thught it was worse as used by a man. This has been attacked as sexist.

I stated on there that I'd like to see what some of the more feminist minded posters would make of this discussion.

I didn't want to start this, I've felt like a bit of a lone voice on there at times and need to do some RL stuff, but I've been called again and again to do so, so I have.

You'll see the phrase pearl clutching a lot....

24joy Wed 31-Oct-12 13:14:00

I dont mind being 'fucked' by my partner. Quite like it actually

MrsCantSayAnything Wed 31-Oct-12 13:14:03

It doesn't matter Tiny...fucking is fucking.

maybe. My opinion still stands.

MrsCantSayAnything Wed 31-Oct-12 13:14:23

Again Joy I have no problem with the word fucking.

TinyDancingHoofer Wed 31-Oct-12 13:14:36

What's wrong with fucking though?

InSPsFanjoNoOneHearsYouScream Wed 31-Oct-12 13:14:38

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

PickledFanjoCat Wed 31-Oct-12 13:14:38

Wow mrs can't that's supremely unfair!

It is all subjective, though, Shriek. I personally don't find the term 'fucking' unpleasant or offensive. It's just another descriptive slang word, like shag or bonk or whatever. The word has been somewhat diluted. It can be used in an unpleasant way, I suppose, if you mean it to be. But I think that can be true of most words. I also thought 'angry fucking' (Hulk context excused) would describe the kind of sex you have when you've had a row and are still a bit pissed off with each other.

MrsCantSayAnything Wed 31-Oct-12 13:15:20

Fanjo fine. I'm not going to alter my perception so why are you still here?

Tiny nothing wrong with fucking at all.

InSPsFanjoNoOneHearsYouScream Wed 31-Oct-12 13:15:58

blood angry babydancing grin

"I'm going to fuck you/I enjoy fucking you" - I can't imagine that being said in anything other than a nasty way, ranging from slightly controlling to downright sinister.

Ooh. That took me ages to type.

StrawWars Wed 31-Oct-12 13:16:23

This is an odd thread - "Is the term 'Angry Fucking' potentially offensive to some women?" - clearly it is offensive to some women as it did offend some women on the thread you mention. And then an apology was offered.

So what's your point? What do you hope to achieve?

I've reported this as a thread about a thread.

MrsCantSayAnything Wed 31-Oct-12 13:17:02

Fanjo it's just that you keep saying the same things over and over.

InSPsFanjoNoOneHearsYouScream Wed 31-Oct-12 13:17:29

Mrs you will have to be more specific as there are two Fanjos here.

If me I'm still here because I wish to be

Are threads about threads actually banned then?

MrsCantSayAnything Wed 31-Oct-12 13:17:57

No...no apology was offered Straw and why report the thread? Nobody's being harmed. If anything it clears up things.

ChippingInLovesAutumn Wed 31-Oct-12 13:18:04

MrsCan'tSayAnything - why start a thread then dictate what people post on it?

The originial comment was made in reference to The Incredible Hulk & the bloke needing to get angry to turn into the Hulk. It was a throw away comment which was mildly amusing.

You have made it something it wasn't.

It was not about violent or agressive sex.

You are twisting it to be offended by it.

MrsCantSayAnything Wed 31-Oct-12 13:18:21

Balls. I give up.

PickledFanjoCat Wed 31-Oct-12 13:18:33

Polar bear, plenty of people enjoy talk like that.

Not me personally but i know plenty that do.

So it can't be fair or right to say everyone who would use fucking in that context is violent or unpleasant in some way.

ISeeDeadFairies Wed 31-Oct-12 13:19:05

It is a thread about a thread however the concerns is on the original thread was to start this in order to stop the hijack. We all agreed as it were sorry if that was not clear it's just that we felt this should be a topic I it's own.

vixcyn Wed 31-Oct-12 13:19:15

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

PickledFanjoCat Wed 31-Oct-12 13:19:16

In the words of baldrick there have been more twists and turns than a twisty turny thing!

InSPsFanjoNoOneHearsYouScream Wed 31-Oct-12 13:19:41

PeggyCarter Wed 31-Oct-12 13:19:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now