Is the term 'Angry Fucking' potentially offensive to some women?

(237 Posts)
Ohsiena Wed 31-Oct-12 12:25:16

Ok I said I wouldn't start this, but I've been challenged to do so enough times, so I'm giving in.

It's about this thread - To think you should stay out of other people's bedrooms (378 Posts) 1This thread.

A very few of us understood why the term angry fucking was offensive to MrsC originally.

Most thought she had no sense of humour and just didn't get the joke.

Discussion was widened as a poster thught it was worse as used by a man. This has been attacked as sexist.

I stated on there that I'd like to see what some of the more feminist minded posters would make of this discussion.

I didn't want to start this, I've felt like a bit of a lone voice on there at times and need to do some RL stuff, but I've been called again and again to do so, so I have.

You'll see the phrase pearl clutching a lot....

InSPsFanjoNoOneHearsYouScream Wed 31-Oct-12 12:57:54

It does not have rape connotations!

It's about a strap on that would be reserved for "angry fucking" seen as its a hulk one!

I don't see the issue tbh. I don't see where rape or sexual violence comes into it, I really don't.

MrsCantSayAnything Wed 31-Oct-12 12:58:24

Chub I think the problem was this.

A joke was made about the hulk's strap on. FINE

ANother joke came in response and this spoke of angry fucking

I said "I don't like that term"

And was leaped upon by loads of people who said I was uptight and pathetic for voicing my thoughts.

MrsCantSayAnything Wed 31-Oct-12 13:00:48

Fanjo if I were to tell a joke about "funny lynching", on a site where black people were present but tried to pass it off as a joke in relation to something fictional.

I would get quashed.

Women are also a minority and one which has suffered due to sexual violence....therefore a joke about angry fucking isn't good imo.

InSPsFanjoNoOneHearsYouScream Wed 31-Oct-12 13:00:59

I agree with chub OP is trying to goad yet has failed as people see what the context really was.

I really do hope she wasn't trying to say a poster was in same league as JS too.

MrsCantSayAnything Wed 31-Oct-12 13:01:39

And don't tell me there's no comparison. Women have been oppressed for centuries and have and still are suffering from sexual violence every day.

MrsCantSayAnything Wed 31-Oct-12 13:02:14

I am leaving the thread again. I hope someone who is more articulate than I am comes along.

ISeeDeadFairies Wed 31-Oct-12 13:02:43

"pass it off as something fictional" is the hulk real then?

and that if you don't like the term "fuck" you prefer "babydance". Come on!

ISeeDeadFairies Wed 31-Oct-12 13:03:13

Jog on. Next?

was that to me?

InSPsFanjoNoOneHearsYouScream Wed 31-Oct-12 13:04:04

Mrs it wasn't a joke about angry fucking it was a joke about a hulk strap only been used for that due to the hulk been an angry huge man. He didn't say he used a hulk strap to angrily fuck people.

It's all about finding things to be offended about tbh. A hulk strap on as nothing to do with women suffering sexual violence tbh

McKayz Wed 31-Oct-12 13:04:44

I have no problem with 'angry fucking' at all in the context it was used. It was very clearly a joke about the Incredible Hulk. Not about oppressing women.

InSPsFanjoNoOneHearsYouScream Wed 31-Oct-12 13:05:07

blood babydance grin that's a bit creepy ain't it. grin

Fornicating is a better word

MrsCantSayAnything Wed 31-Oct-12 13:05:25

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

ISeeDeadFairies Wed 31-Oct-12 13:05:58

No no it was to mrs sorry! blush

When I was at school, sex ed was called 'Human Copulation'. It came complete with a diagram which resembled a ham slicer at a deli.

PickledFanjoCat Wed 31-Oct-12 13:07:01

Mrs c

I can only speak for myself but I at no point thought you were pathetic etc. I felt that you had every right to your feelings however I didn't like and still don't the way that beardy is getting portrayed over it.

SolidGoldYESBROKEMYSPACEBAR Wed 31-Oct-12 13:08:42

Just about everything is offensive to someone, somewhere. I haven't read the other thread yet but IMO the term 'angry fucking' would imply people having sex after a row and finding it additionally exciting, which some people do. It's not always blindingly healthy but it's not all that terrible, either.

TinyDancingHoofer Wed 31-Oct-12 13:09:03

Anger is a precuser to violence
No, it is not. I am perfectly capable at being raging with anger without being violent. Anger is sometimes a precursor to violence.

InSPsFanjoNoOneHearsYouScream Wed 31-Oct-12 13:09:30

Well listen. If you are all happy with the "joke" why don't YOU jog on and let people who were not, talk about WHY they weren't.

Piss off back to the other thread and row among yourselves.

That's because no one is agreeing with your loony idea that hulk strap ons represent women been repressed for centuries.

People who weren't on the original thread have also said the context it was in wasn't offensive and they don't see the comparison

I'm finding this whole thread a bit shit tbh. All very superior and competitive non-offendedness.
The word fuck is an unpleasant word to use about sex. Add in angry and the unpleasantness becomes implied violence. Few people want to be "fucked" by their partner. Do you want your children to grow up and be fucked? I certainly don't - the word to me implies both feel disdain and a lack of respect for each other.

MrsCantSayAnything Wed 31-Oct-12 13:11:16

I actually have no problem with the word fuck. It was only when it was used along with angry that I took offence.

MrsCantSayAnything Wed 31-Oct-12 13:12:22

But you're right PolarBear...it IS very Oh I'm so cool about sex and shit that you could smack me round the head with your angry dildo and I would laugh

that's interesting. I'd have had no problem with "angry sex" or "angry shagging" or "angry babydancing" grin

TinyDancingHoofer Wed 31-Oct-12 13:13:31

If anyone was going to be angrily fucked by a strap on wouldn't it be a man anyway?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now