Which half?

(19 Posts)
grumpyinthemornings Tue 06-Nov-12 21:01:49

If my boyfriend or any of his friends spoke like that about women...it's disgusting. I'm seriously losing faith in humanity...

ScarePhyllis Fri 26-Oct-12 23:21:34

Leaving these comments publicly isn't a sign of stupidity. It's a sign they know there are no consequences from showing openly that you are a misogynist. And that you actually get rewarded by 'the boys' for showing you are one of them.

Utterly sickening.

ConsiderCasey Fri 26-Oct-12 22:42:13

Just keeping women afraid. I expect they'd say it was just a joke but the truth is it does happen every day. Rape, assault, Jimmy Saville, that NY cop planning to kidnap women and roast them.

It just all creates a climate that's terrifying and keeps women afraid.

katecreate Fri 26-Oct-12 22:27:26

The fact that they've written those comments in such a public way just shows how widely acceptable it is to objectify women. Those people have written their comments without any fear of recourse. It beggars belief sometimes what some people think is okay.

StewieGriffinsMom Fri 26-Oct-12 22:21:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AbigailAdams Fri 26-Oct-12 22:05:26

"it" was what got me too Ghoul. So dehumanizing.

SamuraiCindy Fri 26-Oct-12 21:57:21

I wish their wives and girlfriends would at the very least challenge them when they see these comments...if it were me, I just couldn't be with someone who talked about women that way. But they probably won't and some of them might not even register there is a problem with this. I know girls and women are bombarded with misogyny and it makes it hard to see it sometimes (notice it I mean), but I just bet these men get away with talking like this.

StewieGriffinsMom Fri 26-Oct-12 21:50:13

SomersetONeil Fri 26-Oct-12 21:41:32

Do these comments come up in their friends'/families'/wives'/girldfriends' news feeds, do you think?

SomersetONeil Fri 26-Oct-12 21:35:53

Incredible.

And it's one thing to make such comments on an anonymous forum, but with their name and photo attached to them? confused

New levels of stupidity...

SamuraiCindy Fri 26-Oct-12 21:35:39

Thanks Stewie. smile

It just annoys me so much - where do these men get off talking shit like that about women!! And I don't get it...I don't get why so many men can't look at things from women's point of view and actually feel a little bit humble for all that so many men do to women and yet they never get the same crap treatment back. Women get treated so badly by men, they put up with SO much, yet you NEVER hear women talk like this about men.

Stuff like this makes me want to set fire to things.

Or, indeed, to find the men who posted those hideous comments and ask them, in front of their bosses, brothers, wives, mothers, and children, to justify themselves.

That's all. Just explain out loud why objectifying a woman into something less than a person is ever okay.

I'd bet they couldn't do it.

GhoulwiththeFrothyCurl Fri 26-Oct-12 21:21:02

Absolutely horrified by this, particularly the use of "it" in those comments. Feel depressed that there must be women in relationships with the horrible men who made those comments, sharing their beds when they have thoughts as disgusting as these.

StewieGriffinsMom Fri 26-Oct-12 21:03:23

SamuraiCindy Fri 26-Oct-12 20:41:45

That is sickening. How can some men behave like this...is it bravado or do they really think in this demented way about women?? I can't believe the sheer numbers of men who are disgusting about women. What the blazes is wrong with them???

Sorry for ranting...I am just so disappointed by men each and every day. If it were not for my wonderful husband and dad and my beautiful son I think I would just give up on them completely.

ShirleyRots Fri 26-Oct-12 10:18:38

I am loving that commenter on the blog who has tracked down where some of those bastards work!

StewieGriffinsMom Fri 26-Oct-12 10:14:14

TunipTheVegemal Fri 26-Oct-12 10:09:09

Oh God.
So many men hate women, and most men claim not to, and yet this stuff is allowed.
I would like the normal average men who claim not to be misogynist to put their fucking money where their mouth is and join feminists in speaking out against this shit. But they won't, will they, because while they may not actively hate women, they don't care enough to bother.

AbigailAdams Fri 26-Oct-12 10:03:05

Just awful

I feel a bit sick.after reading the comments. How is this allowed?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now