Feminism Chat Thread V

(589 Posts)

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

DontCallMePeanut Wed 20-Jul-11 22:50:48

Never tried Fentimans pop. Am I missing out? confused

Prolesworth Wed 20-Jul-11 22:52:36

Message withdrawn

TheRealMBJ Wed 20-Jul-11 22:56:48

Thank you Frosty. He's fine at the moment. It comes in fits and starts. Problem is that I turn into a bit of a paranoid 'bubble-parent' whenever he starts acting a little strangely. Like this morning. He wasn't himself so I took his temperature a million times and cancelled all my plans for the afternoon so that we could stay in but it turned out he was just tired.

StayFrosty Wed 20-Jul-11 23:05:15

it is hard at this age isn't it? maybe when he can tell you a bit more about what's going on with him you won't feel so anxious, or it will be less present.

anyway i should go to bed, my 21 mo has declared war on sleep these last two weeks. i think it might be his teeth.

Mouseface Thu 21-Jul-11 12:10:02

Afternoon smile

Jeff, my head is spinning. Been to Stay & Play with Nemo this morning and it was one of 'those' days. I was up for an hour with him last night, then 40 mins with DD as she had terrible period pains. She's only just started her cycle so she is yet to experience the joys of periods, bless her.

I had to give her pain killers and a hot water bottle, then hold her whilst she cried with the pain. sad

I got to bed at 4am, DH didn't notice a thing and has now popped off to Lords. So I have 2 days of just me and the DC. Bliss grin

How are we all? x

DontCallMePeanut Thu 21-Jul-11 13:33:14

We're good here, thanks, Mouse. Y'know, I've never had period pains. You would think it's a blessing, but my periods are irregular as our local bus service. Hope she feels better soon, mouse.

Mouseface Thu 21-Jul-11 13:45:29

Hey peanut smile

Thanks for your kind words for DD. It's horrid. I've been like this for 22 years. I really hope she's okay at school today. Periods are the work of the Devil!!

AuntieMonica Thu 21-Jul-11 13:51:04

found you!

i've been waiting for the new chat thread to start, so <hopefully> i can keep up with this one smile

seems a good place to jump in actually, periods are very high on my agenda atm. i've wished my life away waiting for the menopause it seems, now i think it's upon me and i can't stop fucking crying sad

<very needy>

DontCallMePeanut Thu 21-Jul-11 13:51:25

I know my DSis used to find chocolate helped with her period pains... gives you an excuse to curl up with a bar of chocolate later, methinks wink I do hope you don't start synchronising, though grin When I was in the refuge, we had six of us synced to literally within a two day period. Now imagine 5 women with PMT (I don't get that, either...), and eight kids running about...

DontCallMePeanut Thu 21-Jul-11 13:52:40

<Offers a shoulder for AuntieMonica to cry on>

AuntieMonica Thu 21-Jul-11 13:54:27

thanks Peanut

i'm taking it out on the arsehole poster who's trolling started a thread about not being welcome as he's a twat man

DontCallMePeanut Thu 21-Jul-11 14:06:42

Oooh... which thread is this?

AuntieMonica Thu 21-Jul-11 14:07:59

knock yourself out

grin

but leave some for me, ok wink

DontCallMePeanut Thu 21-Jul-11 14:18:12

Bah, I'm sick of the whole "single mothers can't successfully raise sons" line... :/

AuntieMonica Thu 21-Jul-11 14:22:18

now that is an odd one. i grew deaf to that one, still am wink

like i said before, it's being a married parent with a young DD that i struggle with.

DontCallMePeanut Thu 21-Jul-11 14:36:57

Ooh, head over to page 8 onwards of the AIBU to dislike Harriet Harman thread... ;) Saf and myself are the spawn of satan there, it seems... grin

AuntieMonica Thu 21-Jul-11 14:38:35

<dons flack jacket and grabs zipwire>

i'll be right there soldier!

(not sure am much use, if anyone is nasty to me i'll just cry again blush)

DontCallMePeanut Thu 21-Jul-11 14:39:15

Oh Mouseface I feel for your DD. For the first couple of years of having periods I had really bad period pains and fairly heavy periods. Since then just mild discomfort really and for shorter periods of time (although since having DS periods have definitely been heavier). I remember a teacher at school commenting that if you think that periods are bad now wait until you get older. It was definitely the opposite for me.

AuntieMonica here is a hug from me! ((()))

I haven't caught up with the HH thread since last night. Maurice still at it is he - bless him!

sunshineandbooks Thu 21-Jul-11 15:10:30

Afternoon all. smile

I've waded into the HH thread. I love a good single mother myth-busting thread. wink

Sorry to hear about your DD mouse.

AuntieMonica Thu 21-Jul-11 15:12:02

thanks HandDived i'm having an angry phase now, this is so weird.

Been looking throught the 'menopause' threads and seems i'm right there <harrumphs>

<cries again>

DontCallMePeanut Thu 21-Jul-11 15:13:18

Sunshine, they are fun, aren't they grin

HDSG, nope. he's disappeared. It's now TartyDoris.

DontCallMePeanut Thu 21-Jul-11 15:13:57

<Hands a tissue to Monica>

Hello everyone.

Sometimes the internet feels like banging your head against a big brick wall, doesn't it? Sometimes, even that feeling is very informative. I cannot get over the amount of people who're horrified by the possibility of female separatism. Even by the discussion of the possibility of female separatism. It's like a microcosm of people's attitudes towards feminism in general. "but but women are bitchy and also bad like men and WHAT ABOUT TEH MENZ?!"

sigh

smile Filthy hot and humid here, and DS is having a screamy day. Lovely DH has taken him out. I am making myself a very cold drink and getting to work...

AuntieMonica Thu 21-Jul-11 16:02:11

hi blackcurrants

what's in your drink? <sniffs about>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now