Feminism Chat Thread V

(589 Posts)

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheRealMBJ Wed 20-Jul-11 17:33:20

Yes that's me. Although I'm not the esteemed medical journal grin

I'm not a denier of junk though, mainly because DS has spent a large part of his short life sick. And I'd give him anything to tempt his appetite

Message withdrawn

Message withdrawn

Mouseface Wed 20-Jul-11 17:58:29

<sneaks in with a massive cheese board for all to share>

Newbie here but I passed the test on page one grin

And can I just say £9.99 for a box of fucking Fruit Loops? You'd have to be a fruit loop to pay that!

MJB - sorry to hear that your DS is not so great.

TheRealMBJ Wed 20-Jul-11 17:59:05

Yy. But that was at a time when disposables were unusual.

DS is fine, really. He seems to have a weak immune system, nothing they can find though, and consequently has frequent febrile illnesses. Which would be ok on their own but he also suffers from febrile convulsions sad and the latest one almost sent him into status epilepticus

Message withdrawn

LilBB Wed 20-Jul-11 18:12:54

I hope he's ok MBJ. Must be difficult not having a concrete diagnosis.

I've eaten all my twinkies so will have to wait for next years visit for more supplies. I found them in Uk but they coat £1 each which is a bit of a rip off when they are like $5 for 10. I do like to visit the expensive American food shop and try odd things. Amazed that you can make macaroni cheese from a box and how many pop tart flavours you can get. What's fluff does anyone know? I wouldn't pay £10 for cereal though.

Mouseface Wed 20-Jul-11 18:21:35

Ah, thanks for the explanation MBJ

Never tried twinkies LilBB, I always thought that they'd be squishy and stodgy..... I love jerky though, had loads when I went to Canada. YUM!!!

Himalaya Wed 20-Jul-11 18:22:11

It's like damp marshmallow in a jar- like the inside of a Tunnock's Teacake

TheRealMBJ Wed 20-Jul-11 18:25:26

Fluff is marshmallow spread for bread. Never had it myself (am not American though)

They've tested for immune deficiencies etc but all normal. Children grow out of febrile convulsions by age 5 but it is still a long way off considering he is only 19months old. There is an option to out him onto long term anticonvulsants but at the moment I am not keen on the side-effects.

StewieGriffinsMom Wed 20-Jul-11 18:49:57

Message withdrawn

TheRealMBJ Wed 20-Jul-11 19:00:00

Tinkles? We had Tinkies in SA, like a processed ongewoon cake with cream through the middle?

TheRealMBJ Wed 20-Jul-11 19:00:47

Sponge blush. Told you I'm shit at autocorrect.

TheRealMBJ Wed 20-Jul-11 19:03:11

Like Old Jamaica?

Message withdrawn

Message withdrawn

LilBB Wed 20-Jul-11 19:13:37

You can't beat Cadburys or Galaxy chocolate mmmm. Also a good cup of tea can only be found in the UK. I think that's possibly something to do with the water though.

Mouseface Wed 20-Jul-11 20:00:55

I am an avid Cadbury's girl. And I love D&B to drink and in hard boiled sweet form. grin

Prolesworth Wed 20-Jul-11 22:20:07

Message withdrawn

TheRealMBJ Wed 20-Jul-11 22:38:17

Fentiman's Rose Lemonade is sublime

DontCallMePeanut Wed 20-Jul-11 22:46:05

Is it wrong that I'm planning for DS's 4th birthday already? (it's not til January, but I'm planning on taking him to Disneyland to a feminism bootcamp)

StayFrosty Wed 20-Jul-11 22:47:06

all fentiman's pop is lovely smile

hello good evening. how's everyone? real mbj, sorry your ds is poorly, that must be very scary for you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now