Does Games Workshop break equality laws?

(79 Posts)
belledechocolatefluffybunny Fri 03-Sep-10 23:43:40

considering 99% of it's staff are male and 99% of it's stock are plastic figures of men? The only female figures they have are half naked women with a push up bra. Ds is going to an event at the local store tomorrow and the mothers were asked to supply a cake!

I like taking my son into Games Workshop as the staff make such a fuss of their female shoppers, and I walk out feeling like a goddess! wink

Wiggy29 Wed 10-Oct-12 12:52:58

DP bloody loves this stuff! I have seen quite a few young girls playing in the store when I've been with DP/DS and they've always been very welcoming. That said, I have mentioned to DP that the female characters seem a little, well, naff.

PunkInDublic Wed 10-Oct-12 16:15:00

<preens> I'm obviously one of the young girls you refer to Wiggy grin. If not let's pretend.

Regarding female characters, I don't know many girls who play those armies. Deamonettes are technically not female and the Sisters of Battle are a more alternative choice. In my experience it's Space Wolves and Necrons that appeal to female gamers, just as popular with the boys mind.

PaintbrushJo Fri 19-Oct-12 18:44:54

That's because Space Wolves and Necrons are the winning choice. I prefer Tyranids myself, and a lot of the women I know who play also like them, but they've had a poor codex update so I've been focusing on painting my Dayglo Orange Necrons.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now