Working 30hrs with children?

(7 Posts)
sparkle789 Mon 23-May-16 13:21:22

I currently work 12hrs a week mainly at the weekend so don't have any childcare issues. I'm looking at working more hours, up to 30 and in the week.
I have 2 dc, 9 and nearly 3.
How easy it is to juggle more hours with the kids needs? Dd2 would have to go to nursery until school but then how do you manage in school hols? We will have a bit of help from family but not loads.

I could really do with the extra money and it's a job I think I'd really enjoy, but I'm apprehensive about the impact on the dc.

honeymom Mon 23-May-16 13:23:27

School breakfast club and or childminder. There seem to be loads of holiday club options around here in the school holidays.

simplydivine05 Sun 12-Jun-16 21:20:32

I used to use a child minder in the holidays and a combination of that and school club during term time. I'm self employed now but during the hols ds goes to various activities. They aren't classed as childcare for tax credit purposes but as I don't qualify for those anyway, they're cheaper. For example he goes to play football 9-4 for £10. He takes a packed lunch and drinks and loves it. I know he's safe and occupied while I work.

PrincessHairyMclary Sun 12-Jun-16 21:26:34

Unhelpfully I work at a school so no issues during holiday times but rely on my parents to take her to school and pick her up if ill and collect her from school 3x a week and an after school nursery picks her up the other two days.

Caravanoflove Sun 12-Jun-16 21:29:28

We both work full time and use after school clubs, holiday clubs and in the six weeks try and get a nanny/student type person. We have no family at all.

onlywhenyouleave Sun 12-Jun-16 21:30:48

I work 4 days a week. I use breakfast club and after school club (both run by school) on my working days and holiday clubs in the holidays. Costs a small fortune for 2 (£76 a week for breakfast and after school) but I have no choice!

ivegotdreadfulpmttoday Sun 12-Jun-16 21:31:22

Holiday clubs, breakfast club, after school club. I haven't used it but others have used parental leave (unpaid)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now