Starting nursery

(3 Posts)
MrsJones33 Sun 06-Sep-15 22:26:39

My 5.5 month old is about to start nursery as I need to go back to work for financial reasons. This has been planned since before she was born and I have been excited for her as she is a very sociable child and I know it will help her development but in the recent week, I have started to feel very sad about it and worry if I am doing the right thing for her or if it's just guilt taking over and sadness at leaving her.
I have always been a firm believer in nursery for children but just can't shake these feelings and now feeling very confused.
Any other mums out there who sent their LO at 5/6 months? How did you find it? How is your LO getting on?

Lilaclily Sun 06-Sep-15 22:28:40

My ds has to go when he was five months as in those days we only got six months maternity leave and i had left work at 8 months
He was fine, the baby room staff were lovely
They followed a routine and we provided nappies & formula

VashtaNerada Sun 06-Sep-15 22:29:41

Mine both started at around 6.5 months. Both fine! The good thing with little ones is that they don't miss you the way older children do. I remember seeing toddlers wailing for their mums whilst my baby was happily playing away, not at all bothered I'd said goodbye! They're always happy when you come back though smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now