Anyone else who can own up to a glass every night?

(41 Posts)
whyno Sun 18-Nov-12 17:27:28

I'm really really curious. Does anyone else drink a glass of wine pretty much every single night or am I the only one? I only just realised this board was here so I'm hoping enough people know about it to get some answers. If not, I'll be tempted to re-post somewhere else because I really want to know!

I have a glass of wine probably five out of seven nights. I add ice to my white wine though, so a bottle lasts me a week!

InSPsFanjoNoOneHearsYouScream Sun 18-Nov-12 17:29:36

I wanted a bottle of it last night but dropped it on the floor.

Fletche17 Wed 05-Dec-12 15:50:29

After looking after my daughter all day I like a drink (every night). Maybe as much as half a bottle and I don't feel guilty. In fact I saw this on YouTube and related to it immediately. Anyone else?
youtu.be/XTPV0BcWdVs

glugstopmum Tue 15-Jan-13 13:25:29

Yes I do and you're definately not alone! As my glasses are HUGE I now count wine by units rather than by the glass wink

I like to have a glass while I unwind after work and get dinner ready. Just one unit though, I make sure my glasses don't end up being the extra-large variety. I don't see that it's a problem - if I don't have it for some reason I'm not unhappy. But it's a pleasant thing, and I don't think that level of alcohol consumption is a problem.

DancesWithWoolEnPointe Fri 19-Jul-13 20:39:02

I do wine Cheers

didsnbump Sun 28-Jul-13 14:35:30

I find my self having three glasses a night which is the whole bottle :-/
I'm getting moaned at by my dh now though as he thinks it getting to much.
I love to sit down after the kids are in bed and all the jobs are done and enjoy a glass or three of wine

Treagues Sun 28-Jul-13 14:37:47

Yes I do.
We deliberately bought smaller wine glasses but then started drinking cocktails a lot blush

quertas Thu 29-Aug-13 20:37:51

Yep. One 'good one', which can be quite large grin

cloudskitchen Sun 08-Sep-13 22:55:52

I used to but realised it makes me grumpy/stressy to drink every day so now try not to (not to mention a bit bloated). That said apparently for women its beneficial to have a glass of red wine a day. Don't know why the poor men miss out on this but hey ho...

Jennyl131 Mon 10-Feb-14 19:03:23

yup, and the rest. grin

In fact, it must be wine o'clock now.

cheers! wine

(can we have a white wine and champagne smileys please)

expatinscotland Mon 10-Feb-14 19:04:53

I would if I could afford it. I can't so I don't.

Bowlersarm Mon 10-Feb-14 19:05:23

Drink wine 4/5 nights out of 7.

Trying to cut that down.

PoshPaula Mon 10-Feb-14 19:08:47

Just one?!

AuditAngel Mon 10-Feb-14 19:11:30

I do.

thefirstmrsrochester Mon 10-Feb-14 19:13:37

I do. I am right now. And if I want another, I will have another.
Chin chin ladies wine

Kezzybear Mon 10-Feb-14 19:13:49

I do wine

TheGirlOnTheLanding Mon 10-Feb-14 19:20:03

I did until a friend told me there were about the same calories in a glass of wine as a donut.

Now try to stick to the weekends (except on holidays, when normal rules don't apply.)

Hullygully Mon 10-Feb-14 19:21:55

Just one glass?

ghostinthecanvas Mon 10-Feb-14 19:29:46

Mmm......I got a row from the doc on sunday for confessing my wine habits blush
I do 5 days out of 7. One glass most evenings so 4 nights to a bottle. I like a couple of spiced rums sometimes instead.

Bowlersarm Mon 10-Feb-14 20:17:43

ghost so you only have 1 bottle over four nights plus an extra glass to make up the 5 nights? That's only about 11 units. Quite a bit under guidelines. I can't understand why your doctor thought it too much?

ghostinthecanvas Mon 10-Feb-14 20:40:38

I know. I was a bit shock
He was about the same age as my eldest, made me feel the same as I did when DS1 gave me a telling off for having a potty mouth blush grin

Lozislovely Mon 10-Feb-14 20:42:47

I do!

expatinscotland Mon 10-Feb-14 20:55:05

Oh, I'd have told him to go boil his silly little head, ghost, and hoik his kecks up at someone tiddly enough to be bothered by it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now