New Mumsnet Wine Club Spring offer and tasting notes

(16 Posts)
CatherineHMumsnet (MNHQ) Wed 06-Apr-11 11:52:39

Following the success of our first Wine Club tasting, we've been back to Naked Wines and persuaded them to come up with a new Spring tasting pack for Mumsnetters. Better still, we got them to knock 50% off the price.

To find out more about the Spring taster pack and how to order it, head for our Mumsnet Wine Club page.

And... we'd love to hear what you think of the wines. So do come back here and post your thoughts once you've tried them.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Thu 07-Apr-11 21:23:01

Mine will arrive on Monday grin

LeninGrad Thu 07-Apr-11 21:31:01

Argh, I don't want reds and I just split a case with a friend so I'm sorted for now. I got their Exotic whites case, so far so good. There is some crossover so I will post my thoughts when I remember which ones I had when and what I thought of them. Will pay attention when I next open one.

LeninGrad Thu 07-Apr-11 21:34:00

Would be good if they listed what they are in the order they are pictured.

IwishIwasmoreorganised Thu 07-Apr-11 22:08:55

I agree LeninGrad. I prefer whites, but have some good friends who will enjoy the reds when they come round for dinner.

Could they do all white/all red cases and list them in order that they appear in the picture <wants it all emoticon!>

LeninGrad Fri 08-Apr-11 09:10:03

I put that tall one on the right in the fridge for tonight, I'll be back.

<squints at labels>

LeninGrad Fri 08-Apr-11 09:11:49

Those bottles on the links, would be good if I could click on each one and go to the info for it/ add it to my basket.

LeninGrad Fri 08-Apr-11 09:16:26

Here's a better link to the Benjamin Darnault Picpoul de Pinet 2010.

JazzieJeff Wed 13-Apr-11 18:43:01

Ooooh, I get mine on Monday... Will I be too late to join in?

Blackduck Sun 17-Apr-11 10:50:14

this was fab - had it last night, lovely vanilla flavours!

sailorsgal Sat 30-Apr-11 21:07:27

We have just opened that one Blackduck. Have to agree, its really good.

LadyCornyOfSilk Sat 30-Apr-11 21:10:34

I keep meaning to order some more - will look now.

Just ordering mine now - want more wine!

120 Mon 09-May-11 17:52:40

Have to say I've had quite a few of these (and my MIL has bought a double pack). I don't think they are all marvellous and my favourites are in this order:
Nelson sauv blanc
Lunate Fiano
Picpul de pinet

the reds have changed from the first case I bought, and they had a nice argentian one which has disappeared. The only one I don't like very much (but still drink wink) is the Minervois, which I find a bit sweet for some reason, but maybe am not drinking it with the right kind of food.

At £4.83 a bottle though I can't match the quality anywhere else, though I've never been a wine club member before!

LeninGrad Mon 06-Jun-11 18:09:43

I keep ordering, never had a bad bottle from them, like them all and always order something different.

TheBolter Thu 22-Sep-11 21:44:56

I am refreshing this thread in the hop that MN refreshes its wine case with the most excellent Naked Wines.. I've ordered it several times and now I'm getting bored of it!

Come on. MNHQ - it's no longer Spring! When's the Autumn tasting??!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now