How many bottles of wine are currently in your house?

(29 Posts)
NorkyButNice Thu 24-Mar-11 20:03:07

If you've got more than a few, how and where do you store them?

I'm up to about 100 at the moment but only have a 48 bottle wine rack so the rest are stacked in boxes in cupboards and under the stairs.

Any ideas?

BraveGirl Wed 30-Mar-11 21:11:03

If no cellar or wine cabinet, best place for storage is actually somewhere the temperature/humidity won't fluctuate too much over time. Garages tend to drop very cold overnight / in winter, so aren't best for long term storage.
But I guess it depends on how long you "keep" your wine before drinking...now there's an idea for a thread!

None unless you count the bottles for recycling. I do love that spiral cellar though. I want one!

helpmeifyoucan Sat 02-Apr-11 13:35:33

We have two bottles of wine.

I am getting married this summer (July), at my parents, and they have started buying wines for the occasion. They probably have about 50 bottles in the garden room, and do not have a cellar. They still have a further 150 bottles to buy. Should I get them moved. My in-laws have a cellar?

purepurple Sat 02-Apr-11 13:38:31

I have 1 in the fridge.
I have asked DH if we could start buying wine to keep. He nearly choked on his Stella.
He is so uncoof grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now