at a loss, daughter keeps wetting herself

(2 Posts)
user1480243135 Sun 27-Nov-16 10:45:04

My daughter is in year 1 and a spring birthday so not one of the very youngest.

She's always been dreadful with going to the toilet and has wet herself and soiled herself quite regularly since an early age. I think I might have gone wrong with potty training somehow. She has a brother who is 2 years older, and he's always been absolutely fine.

Nearly every day she comes home with different pants to the ones she went in with and I know it's ridiculous but I find it so embarrassing.

I've tried all the usual things you might think of - all clear at the doctors, limiting drinks, praise, rewards, punishments (I've even smacked her a few times in sheer frustration which is awful I know) talked to her to see if there's anything about the school toilets but I don't think it's that as she was wetting herself at nursery and other places too. To be honest I think it is laziness.

She doesn't seem remotely bothered about anything and I do wonder if part of it is for attention?

Allthebestnamesareused Mon 28-Nov-16 15:20:42

I would ask for an appointment or referral to the enuresis clinic. It is possible that she needs to go on desmopressin to help her control her bladder.

My son needed to take it until he was 15.

Please try not to get frustrated with her. However she needs to be involved in changing herself, clean up etc but the clinic will talk you through it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now