Failed my 3rd driving test

(14 Posts)
HungryKitten Tue 15-Nov-16 17:08:51

Hi everyone, I've just failed my third driving test today. I'm already learning automatic, just feel like a big failure and deflated...
I've failed basically 5 mins after the test when doing parallel parking... I'm usually very good at that when practicing!

I've just booked my next test in two months time but I just feel like quitting now...

Anyone has been through this and how did you cope and pick up? X

RoseDore Tue 15-Nov-16 21:54:47

I failed three times. I then bought a cheap car which I drove with my boyfriend on L plates for about 9 months. I passed the fourth time and was told I was a very good driver. It's just practice. Perhaps give yourself a bit longer before the next test and try and drive more.

ChampagneCommunist Tue 15-Nov-16 21:57:18

I failed 3 too. I passed (eventually) in a manual but now drive an automatic

HungryKitten Tue 15-Nov-16 23:03:09

@RoseDore that's a very good idea. My instructor did tell me that all I need to do now is just more time on the road if I could but hubby's car is a manual...
TBH, all the money that I've been paying lessons and tests could possibly go to a cheap 2nd hand car...
I've booked my next test in two months time as I want at least a month break from it. So we will see after that...
But thanks a lot for your suggestion, it does give me some thoughts

RoseDore Wed 16-Nov-16 21:35:23

Good luck with the next test. Keep going with it!

tigerdog Wed 16-Nov-16 21:38:10

Passed fifth time...as did my DH and SIL. Don't give up! For me, it really was daft things that let me down every time and probably just luck the fifth time that I didn't fluff anything!

Feebot2001 Wed 16-Nov-16 21:40:42

Took me 9 attempts. Don't give up just yet!

VladimirsPooTin Wed 16-Nov-16 21:43:30

Keep going you can do it!

Fairylea Wed 16-Nov-16 21:43:50

Don't give up! Took me 4 goes after 60 hours of lessons and an intensive weeks course! Many times I just packed it in and then had a break and went back to it again. I love driving now and love the freedom that comes with it. You can do it.

velvetspoon Wed 16-Nov-16 21:52:36

Honestly, keep going. You can and will do it.

I did 3 tests at 17/18. Failed every one. My driving instructor thought I was great and couldn't understand it.

So I decided I'd never be able to learn. Gave up completely on ever driving.

Last year, my bf persuaded me to give it a go. I bought a little car, practiced loads, and this year took another test. And failed. Then took another, and failed. Then took yet another....and passed! That was 5 months ago, and honestly it's one of the best things I've ever done.

After I failed my 2nd (5th) test, I was really despondent, but then loads of people I know told me to keep going, and I found out many of them had done 6, 7, 8, even 10 tests before passing. Made me feel less hopeless. So please keep going. You will pass eventually. And when you do it will feel amazing - good luck!

Letyoufly Wed 16-Nov-16 21:52:40

Keep going!! The tests are so stressful, if you have more experience doing them at least it might get less scary! (That's what I told myself anyway when it took me 6 goes..!)

bonnymiffy Wed 16-Nov-16 21:56:49

Keep going!! I passed on my 9th attempt - yes, I worked for a transport company and yes, the HGV drivers thought it very funny indeed, but I'd spent too much to be able to throw it away by giving up. You will get there.

Moaningmyrtille Wed 16-Nov-16 21:57:00

7 tests for me. I had real moments of desperation and tears. The day I passed I couldn't believe it.
8 years later I have never had a ding or a crash. You'll get there.

ClementineWardrobe Wed 16-Nov-16 22:01:33

Keep going YOU WILL DO IT. I'm not yelling, <---- that's a big banner!
Passed on go number 7. Still chuffed ten years later.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now