Job offer vs maternity

(2 Posts)
DulcetMoans Fri 04-Nov-16 20:52:30

I have recently been in discussions about a job. It is for a small company experiencing rapid growth and in need of support in my line of work. Exact money not discussed but the** will pay me more, plus bonuses and the job is home based** meaning I could see my baby more and look after my family. The work sounds exciting and the lady I spoke to seems lovely, family friendly and understanding. They would offer flexible working hours.

My current role is for a large public sector organisation with excellent benefits. I am currently back from maternity since April so I would need to repay my enhanced benefits if I leave before next April. I don't mind my work but it isn't thrilling, partly because the scale of the organisation and the sheer hoops to jump through to get things done. I find myself very frustrated and return from mat leave has been tough.

We would hope to have another baby but not for another couple of years probably. New job would be statutory, current job is six months full pay. *

So, would you risk the safety of public sector benefits for exciting work that would pay more?

Would you risk the safety of a large organisation where jobs are plenty in place of a small, new company that is still growing and finding its way? *

Is it the right opportunity at the wrong time?

DulcetMoans Fri 04-Nov-16 20:57:51

Way to fuck up the formatting... confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now