I've missed by nieces bday party

(7 Posts)
Ellasshitholekitchen Sun 16-Oct-16 18:04:41

I've just found out from Dh we missed our nieces 2 yr party. Feel mortified thought it was next week! She's sent him a shitty text. How can we make it up to her. Thought we could take niece out for the day. How bad is this? I'm feeling gut wrenchingly awful right now.

StCecilia Sun 16-Oct-16 18:09:51

I'd be honest and say you mixed the dates up.

A day out with her instead more than makes up for it in my book. Plus it makes her birthday last longer cakegrin

TeaBelle Sun 16-Oct-16 18:13:21

Someone missed dd's second birthday party yesterday.it happens and I would feel really rude even questioning why someone didn't come. Don't feel obliged to go out if your way

SirChenjin Sun 16-Oct-16 18:13:27

Phone her - do not text her - explain that you got the dates mixed up, apologise profusely and prepare to eat a big slice of humble pie. Taking her out for the day is a lovely idea smile

lightcola Sun 16-Oct-16 18:14:37

Be honest. And I think a day out is a great idea.

Ellasshitholekitchen Sun 16-Oct-16 19:53:32

Ah thank you, I made the call to sis in law and told her how awful I felt and I wanted to make it up to my little niece so having her for the day next weekend, all good now

Hissy Tue 25-Oct-16 22:56:06

She's 2, she won't even know!

Do something else with her another
Day. I'd be miffed at the shitty text tbh!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now