With real nappies going into retirement?

(8 Posts)
LittleWingSoul Sat 08-Oct-16 15:56:11

I have made the decision to stop using our washable nappies that are going through their 4th infant.

Decision was based on the fact that I am now back at full-time work and DS is in childcare so they are used so sporadically when we're actually home that they fester in the bucket for a good week until there is enough to wash.

He is close to potty training age and strip washing the nappies has not got rid of the pong (they are mainly all-in-ones).

Tbh... it is also just another load off my mind in what is already a bit of a hectic schedule.

Question is, wwyd with the nappies? Fabric recycling? Attempt strip washing again and selling them on ebay or something? Some of them are stained or the waterproof outer is no more (so were used with a wrap on top!), lots of different brands and bits and bobs we used in combination... so I don't know. Do you think they could be rehomed? Sort of goes against the idea of green/eco if they go to landfill, surely?

Chottie Sun 09-Oct-16 06:40:42

I would speak to your local charity shop, some shops take really old clothes, fabrics and rags which are shredded and used to stuff mattresses etc.

DoubleCarrick Sun 09-Oct-16 06:54:21

There are loads of cloth facebook groups. You could offer them for free if the person covers postage? Some people are willing/able to see what they can do to get a little more use out of them

milpool Sun 09-Oct-16 07:00:39

Could any local nappy library take them and work some magic on them? Or if not they might know where to send them instead at least.

Mymouthgetsmeintrouble Sun 09-Oct-16 07:02:26

Theres a charity that gives them to families who are struggling financially , the cloth bank i think its called

greenfolder Sun 09-Oct-16 07:03:42

Bung them in the fabric recycling. They'll go with the other tags and be used for something!

BikeRunSki Sun 09-Oct-16 07:04:24

Charities heee which rehome cloth nappies

Blerg Sun 09-Oct-16 07:05:27

You can send them to Don't Hate, Donate who get them to refugees in Europe.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now