Paid my rent to the wrong place !

(2 Posts)
Libby34 Wed 28-Sep-16 13:56:43

Soooo, DP and I received a letter earlier this month stating that our letting agent has been taken over by a bigger, more well known company. The letter included instructions on how to change the details of our standing order for rent payments. Slight problem.... it totally slipped both our minds and the rent has come out of our accounts and into the old letting agents account! sad so mad at myself for forgetting. I've emailed the new agents explaining (will call tomorrow if no reply). Anyone done something similar? We really couldn't afford to pay the rent again.

HereIAm20 Mon 10-Oct-16 16:32:59

If they have taken over the other agents then there should be no problem it should just get forwarded. If you mean a different agent is now dealing then ask the old agent to return it to you and then pay the new agent.

I would drop a line to the landlord (if you have contact details) explaining about the mix up and saying you assume that the agents will sort it between themselves but can they confirm receipt when they do get it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now