Cars! How much under to offer...

(4 Posts)
Leopard12 Mon 26-Sep-16 19:23:03

so first time car buyer! OH has only had a car on finance and a shit one from his cousin so no advice from him.

The two I'm keenest on are up for £2990 small dealership and £3595 large dealership, (different cars so which one I choose depends more on which I prefer than just price). Obviously depends on the dealer how low they'll go but I don't want to pay more than I need to and I dont want to embarras myself making stupidly low offers.WWYD?

Kaisha02 Mon 26-Sep-16 19:26:41

At that price it's likely there's not a huge amount of markup for the dealership regardless of size. Are they previous part ex or older cars? There's no harm in offering but I'd go in at £2700 and £3300. It's hard to say without knowing spec of the cars and make/models though

Leopard12 Mon 26-Sep-16 19:53:53

Thanks Kaisha!

Kaisha02 Mon 26-Sep-16 20:05:43

Oh and you'l have to justify why you won't pay asking price by dropping into conversation that you know what you are talking about and have done your research, eg you've seen similar at £3.2k but you're happy to pay £3.3k as this one looks in slightly better condition etc. Or you aren't prepared to pay the full price as you've seen the same model elsewhere for cheaper. If they aren't in any hurry to sell they won't accept a lower offer regardless. If they want it gone they may negotiate. If they spot you're a first time buyer they'll take you for a ride and make you spend more than you need too. Just blag it. Good luck smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now