Quit work, stay? Allergies and poor health

(3 Posts)
Bimbop5 Wed 21-Sep-16 02:32:21

I just don't know what to do . I only work part time because my health isn't very good but mentally it is better to work and I like to contribute to the household. I am married, no children and husband is in a good job. So I do most of the household chores, cleaning and such. I really like my job but everytime I'm there I get sick. I have terrible allergies and also have sensitivities to perfume and synthetic fragrances, even scented laundry detergent gives me congestion which lead to severe migraines.

It is so frustrating. I already work in a scent free environment but I can't really go around asking people to change detergents. I have an air purifier at my desk and take allergy pills daily.

I just don't know if it's worth it to keep on working. Has anyone else had this experience?

Even looking for a new job doesn't help because I'll run into this wherever I go. I'm okay if I pass someone with fragrance but if I have to stay around them for an extended period of time I get really sick. And with my job I really have to be around people. Sigh. I'm so confused about what to do. sad

sorryoldwoman Wed 21-Sep-16 02:42:21

Would you consider a job change that would let you work from home?

Bimbop5 Wed 21-Sep-16 03:19:53

Yes I would but I honestly don't know where to start...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now