anyone ever felt their DC teacher was picking on them ?

(4 Posts)
ichoosesleep Mon 19-Sep-16 21:02:13

What course of action do I take without making the situation worse for DD ? I want to go raging down to school and ask what the hell teacher thinks they are playing at picking on her for every little thing which apparently everyone else does but doesn't get told off for ?!

Today My friends DC ( who is in the same class) has told her that while in class the teacher seems to watch my DD as if she's ready to pick up on every little thing and shouts at my DD all time for things that seem petty like standing up to go sharpen her pencil without putting up her hand. Or when she did put up her hand to tell teacher someone had hit her the teacher said "well that's a strange question" as if to say they are only allowed to ask questions and nothing else. Today DD got in trouble while caught up in someone pushing her into another girl, my DD asked if she was ok and said sorry but yet it was my DD that got punished ! Not the girl that pushed her in the first place! When my DD told teacher this the teacher dismissed it and said something sarcastic about my DD nearly having a perfect day but she had to go ruin it. What on earth do I say to school!? DD is so upset she says she hates teacher and doesn't want to go back. That's serious for her as she usually loves school. Please help!

beeny Mon 19-Sep-16 21:06:05

I would say something and try and get her moved. It might not happen often but some teachers do pick on certain children. It happened to me at sixth form and it was horrible.

YorkieDorkie Mon 19-Sep-16 21:18:38

Please go in calmly to speak to the teacher. Remember you only have one side of the story.

Lots of teachers - particularly new ones! - are starting how they mean to continue in September. Setting the rules, expectations etc.

Once you hear out the teacher, you can decide if they are singling out your child.

GoldFishFingerz Mon 19-Sep-16 21:22:02

I would probably go in very neutral, calm, professional and explain that my DD feels that teacher holds a personal grudge against her and can teacher explain what's going on

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now