Note on my car from unknown man?

(9 Posts)
PookieK Thu 15-Sep-16 08:25:14

I park on the same road every day on my way home from work to go and get my daughter from school. Picked her up from school yesterday and when we walked back to the car there was a note attached to the windscreen saying
'I have seen you a few times on this street and think you are stunning and would like to take you out, if you are single of course. My number is 0000, Mike'

While I guess this its flattering, I am slightly freaked out as no idea who this is and means someone was watching yesterday and waited for me to walk into the school yard before posting that on my car.
My husband wanted to text him and tell him to 'go away' but I told him to leave it.
My question is this, should I contact him and say thanks for the note, but I am happily married (but then he has my number), or just ignore it and possibly start parking elsewhere?

CurlsLDN Thu 15-Sep-16 08:36:43

No need to park elsewhere, but just ignore and he should get the message. Don't be creeped out by it, I think it's quite sweet

murphys Thu 15-Sep-16 08:42:18

You could either just ignore it, or you could just leave a note on your windscreen tomorrow saying, sorry Mike, I am married wink

FWIW, I have left a couple of notes on cars. Usually its people I know, and I leave a random note just to be silly. One guy got back to his car just as I got back to mine across the car park, and I could see him doing a look all around for who might have left the note. But, then I am easily pleased like that ha ha. It just said, 'Hi, I really do hope you have a great day after having your haircut....' grin It was my neighbour.

Go you!! I'd politely text saying you're married but that he made your day x

charlybs Thu 15-Sep-16 09:03:55

I think it's kind of creepy but that's just me!!!

PookieK Thu 15-Sep-16 09:31:37

My friend just told me to put his number into Whatsapp and if he had a profile picture it would come up and it has!! I don't recognise him at all but at least I know what he looks like so won't feel quite so paranoid now.

I think it was quite a brave thing to do , and I am flattered, but I think I will just ignore it.

murphys Thu 15-Sep-16 09:36:08

Ah good thinking to your friend grin.

I think a nice compliment every now and then is good for the soul. I got one the other day.... made my day a whole lot better.

Mybeardeddragonjustdied2016 Sun 18-Sep-16 15:14:06

It might make your dh step up his compliments now too!!

OlennasWimple Sun 18-Sep-16 15:16:50

Don't text back, don't start parking elsewhere, hang a "Just Married" sign from your rear view mirror grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now