Struggling

(4 Posts)
mommyteeshh19 Sat 03-Sep-16 02:51:48

Hi. Long story short this year I broke up with the love of my life after 3 years. A lot of things happened and I feel very scarred and like I'll never get over it. Especially as he has moved on and got himself into a new relationship which would be fine but I've recently found out I'm 2 months pregnant and I'm my babies father doesn't want to know.. Which makes me just wish me and my ex were still together atleast as bad as things was I'd know he'd be around for his child. I just feel like I'm always the one with bad luck and I'll never be happy again.. Just wish things were different. I'm alone and his with a new girl living it up. sad how can I just be at peace?? I think about it all the time!!

angeldiver Sat 03-Sep-16 03:43:30

Things always seem gloomier in the dead of night.
At some point, you will get part way through your day and realise that he wasn't the first person you thought of, nor will he be the last person you think of at night. How long it will take you to get to that point, I don't know, but get there you will.
I wrote myself a letter. It had how I was feeling, where I was in life and where I wanted to be in a years time. I sealed it up and had do not open until 1st of Jan the following year, so it was about 18 months on.
Honestly, it was an eye opener when I reread that letter, it helps that I've got a poor memory grin. Life had moved on and in a good way. For me, that letter was a symbol of moving on, I had languished in self pity for months and that was the day I decided to move on.
He was never going to love me again, why waste my life mooning over somebody who had no feelings for me?

Congratulations on your pregnancy smile.

lakefaith Sat 03-Sep-16 22:45:20

Oh I'm sorry for your situation, maybe this might help. I was with a guy for 8 years and we broke up, he moved to too and I met a guy and dated him for a year, I got pregnant and he left. I felt the same way, my world had just came crashing down. It was so difficult but it's only now (9 years later) I can see that it was for the best and my ex I wanted was no good for me and the father of my child was the biggest loser, I haven't moved on since which isn't what you probably want to hear but things will work out they always do in the end. You will make it as a single mother and you will see the love you share with your child cannot be met or beaten your child will bring you happiness just wait and see. Be strong and the right person for you will come to you. X

Superstar90 Sat 10-Sep-16 08:53:01

Congratulations on your pregnancy. Focus on your baby and you will find endless happiness there, even as a single mum. Things with guys happen for a reason and you will find another more lovely bloke in time. Also perhaps you should be checked for antenatal depression - it's quite common but not as well known as postnatal depression. You've had a lot to cope with in a short space of time so go easy on yourself xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now