Help! How to cope with a day of parenting after waking up still drunk! (Lighthearted)

(79 Posts)
Fraggleyourock Sat 27-Aug-16 09:55:51

OH and I had a friend round last night, we were drinking until stupid o'clock, it is now the day after the night before and I haven awoken drunk! I have a 20 month old and an 8 month old to some how be a mum to today! Advice greatly appreciated!

PurpleDaisies Sat 27-Aug-16 09:57:02

Don't do it again. hmm

Are you seriously still drunk or just hung over?

PurpleDaisies Sat 27-Aug-16 09:57:56

Is your OH still drink to or could they look after the kids while you sleep it off?

Fraggleyourock Sat 27-Aug-16 09:58:26

I think both! I don't feel great, things are slightly hazy and I have got the shakes! Argh! What was I thinking?!

Fraggleyourock Sat 27-Aug-16 09:59:12

He's still in bed, so I think when he wakes up I should take be able to take a little kip!

ExcellentWorkThereMary Sat 27-Aug-16 09:59:53

I'm not sure parenting two babies drunk is going to be a "lighthearted" thread...

TV on to keep kids busy, eat lots of carbs to soak up alcohol, drink lots of water, sleep when the kids sleep.

Is your OH there?

ToffeeForEveryone Sat 27-Aug-16 10:00:16

Stick them in front of Peppa and have lots of brew and stodgy food, stat!

PurpleDaisies Sat 27-Aug-16 10:00:26

I don't really understand why you think people would take this as a lighthearted thing. confused

LumpyMcBentface Sat 27-Aug-16 10:00:35

Put CBeebies on. Make a fried breakfast and drink loads and loads of water. Have some crisps.

In an hour or so, get outside to the park (no driving though!)

You'll be fine.

LumpyMcBentface Sat 27-Aug-16 10:01:07

Ignore the sanctimommies.

DoItTooJulia Sat 27-Aug-16 10:01:15

1. Get a good breakfast in you. With painkillers and plenty of fluids.
2. Bring duvets down stairs.
3. Get on the sofa with a movie or CBeebies
4. Get a good lunch and more painkillers and fluid
5. Get the kids ready and go for a walk
6. Flop back on sofa

MrsChrisPratt Sat 27-Aug-16 10:01:43

Don't drive?!?!?!

Fraggleyourock Sat 27-Aug-16 10:02:51

Lighthearted because I don't drive and I'm perfectly coherent! I would never endanger my babies in any way and if I really felt as though I couldn't cope, I have plenty of family around to help me out. I'm not completely drunk, just not yet sober either.

Fraggleyourock Sat 27-Aug-16 10:03:27

Thanks lumpy!

AGruffaloCrumble Sat 27-Aug-16 10:03:43

Don't take your kids to the park when your reactions could be dulled when crossing roads and the like. Take this as a lesson OP.

ILostItInTheEarlyNineties Sat 27-Aug-16 10:03:59

Lots of water, buttered toast, a shower then blast your head with cold water, paracetamol and eat cheese at frequent intervals it seems to help smile.

And don't drive in case you're still over the limit.

Fraggleyourock Sat 27-Aug-16 10:04:34

Lesson definitely learnt here. This is a mistake I won't be repeating!

blueskyinmarch Sat 27-Aug-16 10:05:16

Of course it is lighthearted. OP is managing to post perfectly coherently. She had a bit of an adult evening last night and as sometimes happens got a bit carried away. I am sure she and her family will survive!

Duvet day, lots of tea and toast and crap TV will see you right as rain. As kind as the wee ones are fed and have their nappies changed all will be well.

Fraggleyourock Sat 27-Aug-16 10:07:28

Thanks bluesky! Have managed games in the ball pool, and have chased my toddler around the living room, as well as read some stories, these things just aren't coming quite so easily as they usually do grin

JoandMax Sat 27-Aug-16 10:08:37

Salt and vinegar crisps and lots of sugary drinks!!

I'm hungover today, we're having lunch of cheesy chips and BBQ chicken wings with a large cold full fat Coke. It's making me feel soooo much better!!

Fraggleyourock Sat 27-Aug-16 10:09:56

Joandmax, I'm definitely copying your lunch today!

JoandMax Sat 27-Aug-16 10:11:29

It's a winner!!! I'm not in the UK hence talking about lunch at this time of day!

Fraggleyourock Sat 27-Aug-16 10:13:01

I am in the uk and I would definitely eat that right now haha!

mogloveseggs Sat 27-Aug-16 10:14:29

Cbeebies. Lots of toast and a can of pop. Shower. Mac d/KFC for dinner (for all of you). Pray for bedtime grin

Northernlurker Sat 27-Aug-16 10:17:37

It's not sanctimonious to think that maybe if you're in charge of two very young dc it's not a great idea to get totally bladdered.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now