Zafira/Citroen vs Ford C-Max

(5 Posts)
MOB247 Wed 24-Aug-16 19:00:15

So we need a new family car desperately! Our budget is around 8K.

My dad and DH have different opinions on what we should do and I have no bloody clue so I thought I would ask MN!

Option one a 64 plate Zafira only 20,000 miles, We don't really need 7 seats as we are only a family of four but would be handy to have I guess. Pretty basic model.

Option 2, 61 plate Ford C-Max, 40,000 miles, a more luxurious model e.g sat nav etc.

The Zafira is £200 more than the C-max. If any owners of these cars could give me pros or cons or even suggest a decent similar size car that would be amazing! So torn what to do!

My DH thinks we should get the ford because it's a better car even though it's older but surely it would be better to get the newer one? Any thoughts appreciated!

user1471537877 Fri 26-Aug-16 11:54:13

We have had 3 Zafira's and loved them all
DH had 2 diesels as company cars and did 70k in each over 3 years without any major problems
I still have my 9 year old petrol one and it too has run well without any major problems just requiring new tyres, brakes etc appropriate to its age

We've found them comfortable drives, fairly cheap insurance and running costs and would happily buy another one

MrsMargeSimpson Fri 26-Aug-16 12:00:01

I have had both a Zafira and a C-Max and the C-Max wins by a country mile. Feels safer, has been immeasurably more reliable and won't catch fire for no discernible reason. You'll find if its a Zafira B (not a tourer) that it'll be hugely devalued by the fire risk.

lifesuckssometimes Fri 26-Aug-16 21:20:41

We are on our second C Max and happy. Nice drive, plenty of room and flexibility. Could you drive both to see what you prefer? I think this is the most important factor.

LookWhatTheCatDraggedIn Fri 26-Aug-16 21:25:51

C-Max. Opinion backed up by local, small independent garage.

Ours was brilliant and only chmaged as we needed a four wheel drive, otherwise I'd still have it! We had it for 3-4 years and had no work to be done on it; other than the usual tyres.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now