Or rather, what wouldn't you do?

(3 Posts)
BothBarrels Tue 23-Aug-16 13:45:56

I just saw another thread about giving blood, something which I have not done for years. I don't feel bad about this either, though I probably ought to. I don't give to charity (although I do have a socially conscious job, it is paid). Im also a woman who doesn't want children, something which seems to really baffle some people. It inspired me to ask people, what do you not do, that society says you should?

MiddleClassProblem Tue 23-Aug-16 13:49:01

Wear make up. Many people, particularly women, find it odd that I don't. Yet they celebrate no make up selfies. It's weird.

I don't wear it because my mum was a make up artist and I grew up with lots of the stuff in the utility room part of our house and I hate the smell but also the feel of it particularly on my lips.

BothBarrels Tue 23-Aug-16 13:53:03

Ah this makes perfect sense to me middleclassproblem, although I do wear make up I completely relate re lipstick, lipgloss etc. I wear lip balm and that's mostly it. It's like we all pretend it doesn't feel weird!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now